cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search term in Customer Master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to know what is the exact function of a search term used in the Customer Master transaction.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

the use of Search term in Customer Master : For eg the same customer assinged in diff sales area.

Eg: Bajaj in Chennai

Bajaj in Mumbai

Bajaj in Kolkatta At time we are using saerch term.

Rewards point it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Search term helps the Sales order Entry person to identify the customers easily.

For example, My client has a number of Walmart Stores all over the US as Customers. Each Walmart Store has its unique store ID. So when some body calls to make an order from a particular Walmart store, they will give thier store ID. We have used the search term to store the uiqure store ID for each store. So they will enter that in the search term area and pulls the customer information into the Sales order. this is just one example.

Please reward points if helpful.

Thanks,

Sree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sree..

But if there is a unique search term for a single store ID (ie one to one relationship between store ID and Search term) then we can directly give the store ID and get the information,no need to have a search term.Isn't it?

Or am I not clear with the concept?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search term and Store ID is always one to one relationship. Store ID is different from Customer number in SAP. we wont assign store ID as Customer number in SAP. Think that the store person who is ordering doesn't have the customer number that we assigned ready. so at that time he will provide the store ID which will help the order taker to search for the Customer Number in SAP.

I think you will be cleared now.

Please reward points and close the thread.

thanks,

Sree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is just used to identify the data.

Basically it will help you in your search criterion later on.

award points if it helps

regards

Biju