cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO: which behavior is correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have try to configure SSO according to SAP notes, help.sap.com, SCN and more other resources.

In all of articles about SSO text started with "you are authorized on portal then..." but I don't find enough information about ABAP-to-JAVA authorization pass-throu.

I have SAP BI based on Netweaver 7.02 (Ehp2 for NW700). When I call bex web templates from SAP gui (user menu) internet explorer starts and asks me for login and password. But some part of SAP transacions works differently. For example - SOAMANAGER and RSPLAN does not asks for authorization again and uses correct login information from ABAP backend.

Now I really don't know - which behavior is correct: with re-asking of password or not.

My ABAP-consultants can create a patch for this issue (we try to patch this on trainig system: create an enhancement for standart URL GENERATOR class, capture generated URL for web template, then create invisible html browser object for this URL (now browser create correct SSO cookie and don't asks for passwords) then returns url to standard handler. Now real browser starts and url are opened without additional password because cookie created. Then abap object destroyed.). But I don't like patching when they are not really needed.

Can anybody help me?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

To configure SSO, you need to download the verify.der portal certificate. Login to portal with administrator access, goto System Administration-> Keystore administration to download the certificate.

Upload this certificate in tcode strustsso2 in the ABAP system. Parallely also ensure the profile parameters are set to enable SSO in the ABAP system.

For more information, refer:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30205

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/94/f2503ede925441e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Holla!

I think SSO mechanism is configured properly because RSPLAN transaction (for example) starts new browser window and authorize without any additional questions. But some little piece of functionality is broken.

Also classic Bex Excell forms with SAP GUI 7.30 uses SSO and does not starts without SSO configured. But I can launch Bex Excell forms correctly. What is means SSO works.

Also SOAMANAGER and some other t-codes works fine. Only Bex web-templates runing from SAP GUI does not work...