cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Standard Webdynpro Floor Plan Manager Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an Issue in Standard Webdynpro Floor Plan Manager Application, given below,

I have copied a standard Webdynpro component into custom component and I have created a custom configuration (copied existing configuration) for that.   When I am executing the application, I have this dump : " Referenced and Referencing Component Usages Must Address the Same Component ".

Kindly anyone help me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have copied the configuration, can you please check if you have changed the name of the component in your configuration to use your Z Component.

Also, please check the component usages in your Z Component if any.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khushboo Sachdeva,

Yes, I have changed the name of the component in my configuration....

Former Member
0 Kudos

The component that you have copied must have some component usage.

This error is coming because of some code related to Component usages.

Please check your code where you find methods like

CREATE_COMP_USAGE_OF_SAME_TYPE or

ENTER_REFERENCING_MODE

If you find such code in your component , For the time being comment this code and check your application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am getting run time error when trying to call the method:

ENTER_REFERENCING_MODE

I like to give few more detailed information so that it will be useful to u to help us...

The main component is:  fitv_fpm_start  for which we created the application and

application configuration

Inside of it we using one more component: fitv_fpm and configuration for this..

In fitv_fpm we using  THREE components .

when we use ZFITE_VC_RECEIPTS - component we getting the error in component- fitv_fpm method: attach_vc_to_usage

Three component are: ZFITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA

ZFITE_VC_RECEIPTS

ZFITE_VC_REVIEW

and as in the same order configured for steps .

If we use FITE_VC_RECEIPTS instead of ZFITE_VC_RECEIPTS the application running properly..

Please help us to rectify this...

Thanks and regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would need important pieces of code related to this.

The method must be getting called like this for example

lo_cmp_usage_1->enter_referencing_mode( EXPORTING REFERENCED_COMPONENT_USAGE = lo_cmp_usage_2 ).

Now lo_cmp_usage_1 and lo_cmp_usage_2 must refer to the same component. And since you are getting this error, these usages are not referencing same component.

Can you share your code where these usages are being declared and initiated?

Also, lo_cmp_usage_1 must not have active components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Standard code as follows:

Component: FITV_FPM

Component controller Method: ATTACH_VC_TO_USAGE

Parameter                                Type                Refto                     Associate type

IO_COMPONENT_USAGE      Importing            Yes                      IF_WD_COMPONENT_USAGE

IV_ID                                     Importing             No                       FITV_FPM_VC_ID

RV_SUCCESSFUL                 returning              No                       WDY_BOOLEAN

* THXK010368 10012008 Resource handling enhancements FPM
METHOD attach_vc_to_usage .
   rv_successful = abap_false. "Return false by default.

"Check if usage is already referencing.
   IF io_component_usage->is_referencing( ) IS NOT INITIAL.
     io_component_usage->leave_referencing_mode( ).
   ENDIF.

"Component usage must not have active component
   ASSERT io_component_usage->has_active_component( ) IS INITIAL.

"Try to get vc usage for specified ID.
   TRY.
       DATA ls_vc_usage TYPE cl_fitv_fpm_assistance=>ty_gs_vc_usage. " THXK010368
       ls_vc_usage = wd_this->usage_ctr->get_vc_usage( "Get VC usage for specified ID (may throw exception)
         iv_id = iv_id
         iv_external = abap_true ). " THXK010368 External usage, not used by FPM itself
       io_component_usage->enter_referencing_mode( ls_vc_usage-component_usage ). "Attach VC usage

rv_successful = abap_true.
     CATCH cx_fitv_fpm_usage.
       RETURN.
   ENDTRY.

ENDMETHOD.

I am getting dump while using  " io_component_usage->enter_referencing_mode( ls_vc_usage-component_usage ). "

Thanks & Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Here IO_COMPONENT_USAGE is an importing parameter. Please check Which component usage is being passed here.

2. Also,

ls_vc_usage = wd_this->usage_ctr->get_vc_usage(
         iv_id = iv_id
         iv_external = abap_true )

is returning a component usage. Also check the component usage which is obtained here.

As per my guess, usage in Step1 and that obtained in step2 refer to different components.

And I suppose the usage must be for your Z Component.

So check out which one of the two is not correct.

If the importing parameter is not correct, check the place from where this method is getting called and see what should be done to get right type.

If the code gives a wrong type,

ls_vc_usage = wd_this->usage_ctr->get_vc_usage(
         iv_id = iv_id
         iv_external = abap_true )

Then you will have to debug this method to find the cause of error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying that and keep on debugging for last two days, We didn't  get the solution for that and we have compared both Custom component and Standard component both seems to be same.

In ST22 itself in source code part it shows that "Uncaught Exception"

Catching exception in CATCH cx_fitv_fpm_usage.

Thanks & regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the Custom and standard component must not be exactly same. Somewhere a usage is being created for a standard component. But it should instead be created for your custom component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good morning..

Do you have any idea about Changing Application name in Portal iview.

Do we need to change the Application name in Portal iview??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want your new application to be available to the users instead of the old application, you definitely need to change the application name and configuration name.

If you have a portal integration team, they would do that for you.

Otherwise SAP help portal has the help links for the same..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/1d/e4a34273f60b31e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/27/96b9c8f14e7d498b90a674710dc9c2/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot

Let me try that, If it is working I let you know..

Thanks & Regards

Venkat

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you checked whether you encounter short dump when running your application in SAP GUI instead of from portal?

If your application is resulting in short dump when running from portal, you need to change the application name in portal iview

Check my article How to integrate WDA in Portal for the same.

If your application is triggering short dump from SAP gui also, then you need to check whether the component usages are correctly initialized( or correct component usages are using).

Hope this helps u.,

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (0)