cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Tabstrip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am facing an issue in the tabstrip of web dynpro application.

I have three tabs which represents three different views.

These three tabs will get triggered for each item number which is present in the list view(default view).

where these three tabs contains different tables and these table will be populated once after giving some data to the input fields of the tabs.

once after filling the data and going back to the list view and clicking on the same item number..I am not able to retrieve the datafor these tabs..

So where should i write code whether in wddoinitview or wddomodifyview.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

(I was in the process of updating my reply above when SCN crashed and lost my edit. Here it is again.)

WDDOINIT is called only once by the runtime to initialize a view; it isn't called each time the user navigates to a view so you don't want to put your logic there.

WDDOINIT is called only once in the lifetime of a view to initialize the view. Whether you can put your code into WDDOINIT depends on what you have selected for view property Lifetime. If you have selected Lifetime = When Visible, the view object is invalidated each time the view is not visible on-screen (e.g., a different tab is selected), causing it to be re-initialized each time it again becomes visible (e.g., the tab is selected).

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set view property lifetime = Visible only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Thank You very much for your suggestion...

I have set the view property Lifecycle as Visible.

Its working fine now.

Thank you very much

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

There is also an event onSelect for tabs where you can add your logic on selecting a tab.

If that is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

I have tro try in that way and check

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

WDDOINIT is called only once by the runtime to initialize a view; it isn't called each time the user navigates to a view so you don't want to put your logic there.

I'm not certain what you mean by "I am not able to retrieve the data for these tabs", but I suspect this means the data entered in the tab views by the user is lost when the user selects a different item from the list view. If this is correct, then after the user populates data in the tabs, be sure to store the user's entries in the context before populating the tabs with data for another item. I suspect you are not storing the data entered by the user.

Cheers,

Amy

former_member213263
Participant
0 Kudos

hi venkat,

You can put the logic in the WDMODIFYVIEW and try to keep the data in the context view from where you can retreive whenever and whichever view.

regards

Ankit Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Yes i am unpopulating the data from the context nodes once i click "BACK" button in the second screen.

The reason why i am unpopulating the context nodes is in the List View(First Screen) there is a button "CREATE NEW" this is used for creating a new item....

So when i don't do this the data from previous item is getting pushed on the screen when we click "Create New" button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ankit,

I have tried putting code in wddomodifyview.

Bt problem here is i am unable to insert the records through button since the modify view will be triggering evry time we call