Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Sequence

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have one query regarding Access sequence.we maintain prices & Discounts at different levels like sales org,division in combination with Mat grp 1 to 5

and in some cases Product Attributes 1 to 5 in combination with plants and regions

Please clarify how the system picks records ,does it first checks the Org level and then comes to Mat grp1 to 5 and in which sequence

or

does it checks the access Number of the Access Sequence

Thanking you in Advance

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva ,

I am assuming Mat grp 1 to 5 are used in a single condtion table and these fields are free key part(optional fields  while maintaining condition records).

goto V/07->select your Access Seq and hit accesses->select your condition table and hit Fields

In last column, we will see a field called priority which controls the condtion record pick sequence.

You can input value from  01 (very high) to 99 (very low).

The more fields that are filled with a high priority in the key of a condition record, the more likely it is to be used for the document.

Jason.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the Inputs.

I have been Looking for the Whole Access Sequence instead single condtion Table.

I thank you all for the Valuable inputs

iam closing the Thread.

Regards

Siva vasireddy

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Set a break-point in the function module PRICING. In the subroutine KONDTITIONSVORSTEP (if I didn't write with any mistake) you can find how the system solves the pricing during a sales order (tcode VA01). Check how the system populate KOMT2 ( table of condition access sequences).

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva ,

As you are aware , the access sequences are based on condition tables .

Lets say u created a condition table 901 with mat grp as key field and you also created a table 902 with field as product attribute .

While defining the access sequence , if you have placed 901 above 902 , system will first search for mat grp related data and then only move down to 902 . If you have selected exclusion box , it will stop at 901 if it finds the record . Same way if your access have 902 above 901 , system will search based on product attribute and then go further to 901 .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

as when u are defining access-sequence we have to keep tables in most specific to most generic combination, and check exclusive check box.

table -10-customer-material

20- customer

30-material

maintain record for all the combinations ,when u create salesorder it picks only cust-material price as it is first in access seq.

if u not mainted cust-mat price it goes to second table and search for the record(customer) ....the process is same for all

Raj

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I agree with all the Answers above as they are SAP standard Documentation Points

my requirement is, what is the Sequence the system Follows, when i manitain multiple pricing records

at different levels  like

mat grp-1,2,3,4,5

and Product attribute 1,2,3

so what is the sequence the systems follows first it will go to Mat grp or Product Attribute.

Siva

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

The answer is already provided by the other members.

I just want to add a point that in Access Sequence we are giving the step no like

10 - 5 - Cust/Material

20 - 6 - Cust/Material Grp/Material

So system will check the combination in the Sales Document and it will fetch the records in the Pricing.

Now What if one combination i.e. (10 - 5 - Cust/Material) met then it will fetch the VK11 record what you have maintained.

Next What if the Both Combination i.e. (10 - 5 - Cust/Material & 20 - 6 - Cust/Material Grp/Material) met then it will pick the both record maintained in VK11.

So the remedy is to mark the Exclusive check box so it will only pick the first one and then it will stop the search process.

So in your case the sales doc will have record of access no 10 - 5 - Cust/Material.

Hope this clarifies the search process of Access Sequence.

Thanks,

Suman

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Iam already aware of all these as they are Basic things and we have Exclusive Check box activated.

i just want to Know if the system Follows any method of prefrence selection criteria

Eg.Material fields Accessing sequence preference

first preference to mat grp-1

then going to mat grp-2

etc

hope you got my point

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Do not mind, it is still not very clear.

Please tell us that First preference mat grp-1 is a separate Condition table with separate access no?

Second preference mat grp-2 is a separate Condition table with separate access no?

It is best that if you share your Access Sequence screen dump.

Thanks,

Suman

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi suman,

Please check the below Accesses of the Access sequence for Discounts purpose

we have multiple cobinations with different parametres

The discounts are maintained in Multiple levels for different requirements

5 573 Sales org./Distr. Chl/Division/Plant/Cust/SalesDocTy/Materl

10 557 Sales org./Distr. Chl/Division/Plant/Customer/Matl group

15 580 Sales org./Distr. Chl/Division/Plant/Cust/SalesDocTy/MatGrp5

20 566 Sales org./Distr. Chl/Division/Plant/Region/Material/SalesDo

25 508 Sales org./Distr. Chl/Division/Plant/Region/Material

30 577 Sales org./Distr. Chl/Division/Plant/Region/Matl group/City

35 546 Sales org./Distr. Chl/Division/Plant/Region/Matl group

40 596 Sales org./Distr. Chl/Division/Plant/Sales Off./Sales Grp/Ma

45 568 Sales org./Distr. Chl/Division/Plant/Region/Matlgrp5

50 564 Sales org./Distr. Chl/Division/Matl grp 5/Region/City code

55 529 Sales org./Distr. Chl/Division/Matl grp 5/Region/Batch

60 597 Sales org./Distr. Chl/Division/Sales Off./Sales Grp/Matl grp

65 534 Sales org./Distr. Chl/Division/Matl grp 5/Region

70 572 Sales org./Distr. Chl/Division/Matl grp 3/Region

75 571 Sales org./Distr. Chl/Division/Matl grp 2/Region

80 543 Sales org./Distr. Chl/Division/ProdAttr.2/Region

85 578 Sales org./Distr. Chl/Division/PrdAttr.3/Region

90 579 Sales org./Distr. Chl/Division/PrdAttr.4/Region

Sometimes though the record is maintained Discount is not displayed due to Prevoius Access

i just want to know whether system Follows any Preference level like

1.org structure

2.customer master data

3.material data ,again in material which fields the system gives the first preference

as we have different levels like main material grp ,mat grp-1,mat grp-2,prd atrbt -1

Thanking you in Advance

Siva vasireddy

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

In standard SAP it is not possible as per my knowledge.

You have two option either you can Reorganize your Access combination steps

Or you have to go for some ABAP development.

Thanks,

Suman

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

An access sequence is a search strategy that the system uses to find valid data for a particular condition type. It determines the sequence in which the system searches for data. The access sequence consists of one or more accesses. The sequence of the accesses establishes which condition records have priority over others. The accesses tell the system where to look first, second, and so on, until it finds a valid condition record. You specify an access sequence for each condition type for which you create condition records.

A sales department may offer customers different kinds of prices. The department may create, for example, the following condition records in the system:

• A basic price for a material
  • A special customer-specific price for the same material

• A price list for major customers

During sales order processing, a customer may, in theory, qualify for all three prices. The access sequence enables the system to access the data records in a particular sequence until it finds a valid price. In this example, the sales department may want to use the most favourable price for a certain customer. For this reason, it ensures that the system searches for a customer-specific price.

The below diagram may help you to understand More :

Hope the above may help you.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai Krishna

Please dont copy paste from other source.  You have copy pasted from here

Access Sequences (SAP Library - Pricing and Conditions (SD-BF-PR))

Try to give explanations on your own and adhere to forum rules.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

it goes checking access number (say, 10 , 20, 30,...) till gets first available record and stops.

regards,