cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESET_VIEW method causing very very bad performence?

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

In my WDA i have a interactive form as UI element, well.

For some reason, i am using the RESET_VIEW method in WDDOMODIFY hook method, but its causing the very very bad performence issues and every time the form is re-launching on the browser bcz of this RESET_VIEW triggering

If i don't use RESET_VIEW method the user eneterd data is not saving on the offline form (when user saved the online interactive form by pressing the SAVE button), hence am using RESET_VIEW method in WDDOMODOFY

I have also posted this question in Interactive forms section bcz my issue may be resolved from JavaScript / Form Calc space

DATA is not saving?http://scn.sap.com/message/13622703

http://scn.sap.com/message/13622703

Pls. help me by suggesting any alternative good solution for my problem? My view looks like below

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have experience with Interactive Forms per se, however the poor performance is possibly because the call to reset_view is in hook method WDDOMODIFYVIEW, which is called upon each round trip to the server when the view is active. I wonder if you can call reset_view from someplace else  and avoid calling it from WDDOMODIFYVIEW.

Cheers,

Amy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In onAction save method at the end of the method, call RESET_VIEW if required. If you call reset_view method, each time it will trigger .

Hope this helps u.,

Regards,

Kiran

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you. I forgot to mention that, yes, already i put this RESET_VIEW in a IF condition, so that it will not trigger always.

Any other ideas that how can the data should be saved in the offline form?

Thank you

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Any help pls?

Thank you