cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control the lot size of a quality lot (in-process or Final Inspection during GR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

My client has a requirement to control the quality lot size or quantity.

If the confirmation qty is 10 and I have activated 04 type in Material Master QM view, then the inspection lot which is generated takes the qty 10 automatically but as per the requirement it should be 2% or 4% of the confirmation qty or the order qty. Can any guru pls help me about how to control this?

Regards,

Saurav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

I guess, you want to inspect 2% or 4% of confirmed quantity (lot quantity = GR quantity ; for 04 lot origin) But for 03 origin lots, lot quantity = Order qty

Is it so?

If yes, you can maintain percentage sampling, e.g. 2%. System would calculate sample size 2 if the confirmed qty is 100 and likewise.

What Sujit has mentioned is correct. Inspection lot quantity (of 04 origin)  is always the confirmed rather GRed quantity. You can not have a lot with lesser quantity that that of goods receipt.

Regards, Anand 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you sir,

Yes I want to inspect 2% or 4% of confirmed qty.

can you pls let me know where from this sampling percentage can be maintained. In material master QM view Insp Setup tab there is Inspection%. I tried with that (04 insp type) but the inspection lot qty is not changing with this and its taking the confirmed qty only.

Regards

Saurav

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Sampling Procedure QDV1

Select Sampling Type as 400 percentage Sample

& click on Sample then system shows Size as % of lot. Here u enter 2

Assign this Sampling procedure to Master Inspection Characteristic, then assign this MIC to Inspection Plan. System calculates Sample size. as per Sampling Procedure that you assigned.

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

Inspection % field in inspection setup parameters will be applicable only when you're carrying out an inspection without reference to a task list or material specification.

Check Sampling Procedure and use sampling type as 'Percentage Sample'.

Regards,

nup

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saurav,

I would like to emphasize more on inspection lot quantity.

1. Inspection lot quantity (for 04 lot origin) is always equal to GR quantity. It may or may not be equal to confirmed quantity. Hence we should neglect confirmed Qty term here.
  2. For example you have posted GR for 100 Nos against production order, then inspection lot would be created for 100 Nos and not for 2 or 4 Nos as in connection to 2% and 4% of lot respectively.
  3. It is standard QM
  4. What you can do is, you can inspect 2 or 4 Nos from 100 Nos. So your lot size is 100 and sample size is 4
  5. Create sampling procedure as 2% in QDV1. Attach this procedure against MIC in inspection plan. (I would not advise to use sampling procedure in inspection plan rather than in material master as it gives you much flexibility)

Outcome would be

1. GR Qty = 100
  2. Inspection lot Qty = 100
  3. Sample Size = 2
  4. Do result recording for 2 Nos in QA32 and carry out stock posting for 100

Regards, Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per std SAP ,Inspction lot of 04 is always created with the lot size ,equal to confirmation qty.

Whatever qty you confirm & do GR ,will be reflected in Inspection lot.