cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon not possible (error in license check) after creating new client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I've created new client 030 on our Quality assurance system and started test remote client copy from other test system. Now I'm connected to clienct 030 with user SAP* and password pass. After this actions I tried to connect with my user in client 020 and got the error Logon not possible (error in license check). SAP* in client 020 can connect, but no other users.

Why this happened? And can I connect with other users after the remote client copy test finish?

I've checked with SLICENSE and saw that the current settings HW key is OK. But in the Installed licenses there is green for license for other HW key. This settings I can't understand.

PLS help.

BR,

Ruzica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Ruzica,

Regarding this issue you should firstly review the following SAP Note in detail:

870871 - License key installation

BTW what is the exact error message in the work process trace file?

The issue here could be with the security toolkit parameters, which probably might not be correct. Kindly check and fix the following profile parameters:

ssf/name             = SAPSECULIB

ssf/ssfapi_lib       = <Path and file name of the SAPCRYPTOLIB>

sec/libsapsecu    = <Path and file name of the SAPCRYPTOLIB>

ssl/ssl_lib           = <Path and file name of the SAPCRYPTOLIB>

BR,

Abhishek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My problem was the sec/libsapsecu    = <Path and file name of the SAPCRYPTOLIB>. After coping the libsapcrypto.so in the /sapmnt/TST/exe the logon was possible.

The library was not there in the mentioned path in the profile parameter. Because I needed to change the 'login/no_automatic_user_sapstar' and restarted the instance, after that the logon with any user except sap* was not possible.

Also I checked the STRUST transaction and everything was deleted from there.

Now I will check really what happed.

Thanks to all,

BR,

Ruzica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruzica,

Please try restarting SAP on the server and if the problem still exists re-install the license for this system with sap* user. The issue could be because you have performed the client copy from another system and the license of that system is reflecting in database. There is a inconsistency in the HW key as you said. Just download the HW key for the system in which you are facing issue and install the license and you are able to login with sap* because of the temporary license

I hope this will fix the issue.

Regards,

Pradeep

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Ruzica,

you can try restarting all the instances involved on the copy. If the problem persists, please attach the output of

saplicense -test

saplicense -show

saplicense -get

as well as dev_disp and the dev_w* that was handling the licens (probably dev_w0).

Best regards,

Tomas Black