cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to execute the SDT request list SUM Revoke is not allowed for thecurrent operation configure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m trying to do an importing of support packages in Solution Manager EHP1 (in Windows Server 2008 with SQL Server 2008).

First I tried to do that using the SUM too (latest version) but something was ocurred and I stopped with an error during the phase PREP EXTENSION/BIND PATCH, so I left that method and I thought to do this importing using SPAM/SAINT transaction.

When I tried to do the update of ST-A/PI through the SAINT, it show me the following warning:

Caution: Upgrade or PREPARE is still running; import not permitted.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7035/saintupdate.jpg

I believe this is because I had not reset the SUM tool... so I tried to do that, but unfortunately and I don´t know why, when I press back button in SUM tool, in order to do the reset, the SUM tool shows me the following error and I don´t know what to do more:

Unable to execute the SDT request list SUM Revoke is not allowed for thecurrent operation configure.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4700/sumreset.jpg

I sent to you two images in attached to this message, the first one is the warning in the Saint transaction, when I tried to update de ST-A/PI component, and second image the error in SUM tool that I described above.

Can you help me please!? I can´t solve this, I don´t know what to do more.

Thank you

samid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you following the process described in the guide to reset?? If not please do so and update.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Off course, I´m doing exactly as it is described in SUM guide in chapter 5.6 Resetting the Software Update Manager

Any tips?

Kind regards,

samid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This issue is solved, I did the reset of SUM tool by following the procedure below:

1. Open a command prompt, change to the ../abap/bin directory (Windows: ..\abap\bin)

2. Enter the following command: .\SAPup.exe reset prepare

3. Rename the Upgrade directory

4. Kill all the SAPup processes at OS level, if any exists.

After I done the importation of support packages with the following tasks:

1.) Import the add-ons ST-A/PI - 01M_CRM570 and after the ST-SER - 701_2010_1 using the SAINT transaction.

2.) Start again the SUM tool with the same stack 23.

Kind regards,

samid (SOMG)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Samid,

The procedure has helped us to restart the SUM.

Kind Regards,

Jacob

Answers (0)