cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native Android connection to SUP 2.1.2 fails.

former_member319783
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the following error when trying to register a native Android application on SUP 2.1.2.  I have seen other posts related to this error all talking about invalid username and password.  I am using the username and password that I connect to the SCC with, namely 'supAdmin' and 's3pAdmin', respectively.  Can someone help me understand what I'm doing wrong.  I am assuming that the registerAccplication() method handles the registration and that no manual registration needs to occur in the SCC.  The only thing I've done on the SCC is deploy my package.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sujith_prathap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

You say that you are using Manual Registration to register you application. Lets go step by step through the registration process.

For a device connection to be established with the SCC, the device should be first registered with the SCC. In order for registration to happen the device makes use of an application name with which it register to the SCC.

So the first step would be to create to create an application ID with the help of which the device creates the connection.

The next step would be to create a security configuration. I'm assuming that you would be using automatic registration since you are using username and password.

Thats it from the server side.

From the client side you would use a combination of the security configuration and username/password to register you user with the SUP.

What i feel might be going wrong:

1. The security configuration for your server might not have been created.

Expand security in the left pane and see if a security configuration exists.

2. The security configuration name might not be the same in the code when compared to the one defined in the SUP server.

Select the desired security configuration in the left pane.

Then select the authentication tab.

Select the HttpAuthenticationLoginModule entry.

Click on the properties button.

Copy the value of the URL field.

Paste this value in the browser and click enter.

An authentication box should pop up.

Enter you credentials in this box.

IF you are able to successfully logon then, the value you enter in this box should be the value that you need to pass in your code as usename and password.

former_member319783
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

The documentation and the sample application utilize the SCC admin credentials ('supAdmin', 's3pAdmin') for the LoginCredentials when registering the application.  Is this not correct.

Also, I'm using an emulator containing a snapshot before the application is loaded, so there is no application to delete from the device.  Also, how do you see if an application is registered in the SCC?  The only thing I've done in the SCC is deploy the application package.

Please advise....Thanks.

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I suggest you to go through the link .http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01092.0213/doc/html/aba1313433980552...

When you do Manual registration, you should create a user first in SCC with  some activation code.

If your user is registered, you can see the status under Applications>>Application Connection tab.

Regards

Rohith

former_member319783
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Here is my code for reference:

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

It is a common error in android simulator. This application has already been registered it seems. Delete the application from the emulator. Delete the registered application in the SCC. Also check the name of the application is the same as the one deployed when you set the application identifier.

Comment the connProps.setActivationCode() and run again.

This should solve the problem.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

In the above description,I see that you are trying to register with supAdmin/s3pAdmin.

Actually this is the login credentials to SCC. To register your application, you need to create a user (application connection) in SCC against your application ID with some activation code (Ex: 123).

Looks like you are working with MBO based model. I do not have code sample for this. However registration logic is same for SUP-ODP as well. So you can refer to the guide   http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-23532 for creating user in SCC.

I also suggest you to go through the other automatic registration options such as SSO and certificate based.

Regards

Rohith