cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBHDR,VBMOD and VBDATA into the final SQL statements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can somebody propose the way to decrypt the SQL statements for VBHDR,VBMOD and VBDATA into the final SQL statements for real database updates?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think there is a way. Most of the time, complex processing is executed in update tasks. You might be able to find the tables involved quite easily, but not the final SQL statements that will be generated.

The only way, if there is any will be within ABAP, thus using a ABAP program.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Michael, but do you mean finding back through linked ABAP program where the specific update was generated from and then looking into related FM to find out what tables were planned to get updated ?

This seems to me very inefficient way.. What about looking on the redo logs? Is there any common identifier between VBKEY from VBMOD table and related redo log(s)? If the answer is "yes", can we from redo log identify the tables, fields and values of the final SAP updates?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, writing a program could be complicated.

As far as i know, there is no link between VBKEY and the final statement. Getting the data back from the redo would be even more complicated (say impossible).

One thing that could work is to trace either the update process or the database session and track the SQL statements made. But this cannot be done permanently on a production system, due to the amount of data and performance impact.

Maybe it would be a good thing to reconsider and elaborate what we want to achieve here. There might be better solutions than to generally try to decode the VB data.

Cheers Michael