cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error deploying when web.xml contains similiar security-constraint elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am receiving an error when I include similiar security constraints in my web.xml descriptor. I actually have many security-constraint elements defined but I have narrowed it down to the following two that appear kind of similiar which are causing the problem:

<security-constraint>

<web-resource-collection>

<web-resource-name>ProcessesPosts</web-resource-name>

<url-pattern>/processPost/*</url-pattern>

</web-resource-collection>

</security-constraint>

<security-constraint>

<web-resource-collection>

<web-resource-name>Processes</web-resource-name>

<url-pattern>/process/*</url-pattern>

</web-resource-collection>

</security-constraint>

The error I receive is:

#1#com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Exception during generating components of sap.com/s25qoie_1_SAP application in servlet_jsp container.

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeploymentTransaction.makeComponents(DeploymentTransaction.java:512)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeployUtilTransaction.commonBegin(DeployUtilTransaction.java:248)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeploymentTransaction.begin(DeploymentTransaction.java:215)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhasesOnOneServer(ApplicationTransaction.java:371)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhases(ApplicationTransaction.java:405)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.makeGlobalTransaction(DeployServiceImpl.java:2298)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.deploy(DeployServiceImpl.java:286)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.dispatch(DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.java:2636)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4Message.process(P4Message.java:253)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4Message.execute(P4Message.java:109)

at com.sap.engine.services.cross.fca.FCAConnectorImpl.executeRequest(FCAConnectorImpl.java:841)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4Message.process(P4Message.java:125)

at com.sap.engine.services.cross.fca.MessageReader.run(MessageReader.java:59)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:108)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.CentralExecutor$SingleThread.run(CentralExecutor.java:168)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid prefix pattern in URLPatternList

at javax.security.jacc.URLPatternSpec.setURLPatternArray(URLPatternSpec.java:329)

at javax.security.jacc.URLPatternSpec.<init>(URLPatternSpec.java:106)

at javax.security.jacc.WebResourcePermission.<init>(WebResourcePermission.java:188)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.deploy.util.jacc.JACCRulesGenerator.generatePermissionsUnchecked(JACCRulesGenerator.java:311)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.deploy.util.jacc.JACCRulesGenerator.generateAndAddPermissionsIntoPolicyConfiguration(JACCRulesGenerator.java:132)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.deploy.util.jacc.SecurityConstraintParser.processAllSecurityConstraints(SecurityConstraintParser.java:151)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.deploy.util.jacc.SecurityConstraintParser.createSecurityResourcesJACC(SecurityConstraintParser.java:57)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.deploy.util.SecurityUtils.createSecurityResources(SecurityUtils.java:122)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.deploy.DeployAction.initXmls(DeployAction.java:722)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.deploy.DeployAction.deploy(DeployAction.java:276)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.deploy.WebContainer.deploy(WebContainer.java:181)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeploymentTransaction.makeComponents(DeploymentTransaction.java:506)

... 14 more

Has anyone seen anything like this? Have I defined something wrong in my web.xml? The exact same web.xml file does work in several other application servers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

It seems that this problem is already solved and will be included in the upcoming Java EE 5 supported release.

Kind regards,

Svilen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Svilen,

Thanks for the response.

Do you know if this is documented somewhere? Maybe some list of known issues and thier status? Or how did you find out this information?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I am not aware of such document for the preview release.

About the concrete problem your investigation was enough detailed so we managed to reproduce and fix it.

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Svilen. I did not know that you were involved in fixing the issue. It is nice to know that SAP is actively watching the forum and fixing potential problems.

Answers (0)