Leave Request / HR Approvals not working on Android
We have implemented Leave Request / HR Approvals successfully on iOS platforms iPhone and iPad
However when we loaded the apps on Android we can see the initial synchronisation authenticating against SUP but not connecting correctly with the NW Gateway / SAP ECC
Message on screen is "connecting" for 20 seconds followed by an error message "Communication Error - Cannot retrieve data, try again".
Any idea's ?
We are not using a Relay Server, but connecting directly to a SUP 2.1.2 proxy setup. And as I say this setup works fine with the iOS version of the SAP apps.
Netweaver Gateway and SAP ECC systems setup as per documents "Administrator's Guide SAP Leave Request 2.4.0.pdf" and "Administrator's Guide SAP HR Approvals 2.3.0.pdf"
Any thoughts ?
- Android requires SUP 2.1.3 rather than 2.1.2 ?
- Android requires a Relay Server ?
- Android requires extra setup of NW Gateway or SAP ECC ?
Looking at past posts and wiki's:
I have tested with Android devices 2.3.3 and up
I loaded the app from here
This application has access to the following:
- full Internet access
- Allows the app to create network sockets.
Your personal information
- read sensitive log data
- Allows the app to read from the system's various log files.
- This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the tablet, potentially including personal or private information.
- Allows the app to read from the system's various log files. This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the phone, potentially including personal or private information.
- read phone state and identity
- Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. An app with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to and the like.
- modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents
- Allows the app to write to the USB storage. Allows the app to write to the SD card