cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion Level Char Vs Promotion Base Chars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

As part of Promotions planning configuration.

In /SAPAPO/MP33, Maintain Promotions Key Figure -  I specify a single characteristic and a single key figure for the planning area. I can only have a single entry per planning area so I maintained a key figure and a characteristic.

In /SAPAPO/MP40, Maintain Promotion Base -  I specify multiple characteristics and a single key figure for a Promotion Base. This key figure is same as the one I entered in MP33 and one of the characteristic I entered is also same as MP33.

From SDP94, I now create a promotion using this promotion base I just created.

I now try to activate the promotion but I can't. This is the message "Error Occured when changing promotion"  . No detailed help is available and No message number is available.

More generally what is (or need there be) the "relationship" between the characteristic of Promotion level in MP33 and the Characteristic of Promotion Base ?, if at all any

I understand and appreciate that if I am using a promotion base, I can only activate a promotion if the promotion was created for the selection that contains the characteristics of promotion base.

What then I am unable to understand is the relevance of characteristic in promotion level that I maintained in MP33

I will appreciate a business example.

Many Thanks

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

Just wanted to share my views on the Promotion base and Promotion level.

In a Promotion level we define the charateristics which are to be affected by promotion.This is like defining a master set.

Now we use some of these characteristics while creating Promotion base.

Also please note that if you have only one promtion level (only one characteristics ) you can skip the Promotion Base creation.Please have look on the last heading of this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm40/helpdata/en/0c/a2232d06804d32823e3306a8c010c2/content.htm

Hope this helps you a bit in understanding the diffrence.

Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Anurag,

I read this page earlier but I am able to get any clues to my question. viz. what is the relationship between characteristic of promotion level and charactertistics of promotions base, esp. given that promotion base is an optional configuration.

Many Thanks

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

I think now you should have got the difference b/w two. To be very precise Promotion Level is something which defines the full list of characteristics that will be used for promtion but the promotion base is actually some of them.

And if there is only one char you can skip the Promotion Base.

Regards,

Anurag

Answers (0)