cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI for Gross weight calculation in TRQ/TOR objects

0 Kudos

Hi

We are building package items at the TRQ line item level for determining no of shipment packages. Our requirement is to calculate the weight of all packages line items for arriving at the gross weight of a DBTR (TRQ ) . We are not building item hierarchies with Products nested inside the Package . Package and Products items are updated as separate line items without any dependent hierarchies . While doing this , Product and Package items weights are summed together for Gross weight at the TRQ -ROOT level . Need to know if there are any BADIs available to consider only Package items for Gross weight determination.

With regards,

Joseph Anand B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tarunkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Before i answer the question, i would like to know the context in which this GROSS weight is used.

If you are going to use it for charge calculation then i can help you with it by some other way.

Thanks & Regards,

Tarun Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tarun, dear Joseph

in fact, the customer requirment is to package products into packages. Our initial idea was to split the items accordingly and assign the correct quantities underneath the packages in the item hierarchy. Now after detailed discussions, we decided to simply determine the packages, but not to split the product items in fact. For this use case, although it would be nice, it is sufficient to know the packages, but not to split and assign the included products. In fact, it is rather nice to keep the overall product items visible in the order, so the users have insight on the total of products and the packages at the same time. Now, since we do not intend to use the hierarchy, all items are main items. Therefore, the total weight at the root level is adding up twice. Therefore we want to update the gross weight for the TOR with total gross weight minus gross weight of product items. Our first guess has been to use a badi but it seems we might be able to use a logic in the save strategy managed by the change controller.

Best regards

Bernd

PS: it is a customer in the high tech consumer industry and the volumes are rather high. So the simplified approach will be sufficient for us for now.