cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCo IP21 Agents not starting automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done quite a few PCo installations recently and most are IP21 with a couple that are ODBC data sources.  After all of my installations, I perform a reboot of all services, including data sources, to verify that when the data sources come back online that PCo's agents come back online as well.  The ODBC's agents are fine and have the green triangle indicating they came back online successfully.  However, all of my IP21 servers do not.  They have a red box with an X in it.  If I manually stop it and then start it, it comes online successfully.  This is not something we want.  We want them to come back automatically.  One thought was that the IP21 server takes a little while to come online (between 2-10 mins at times) so I figured I would set the reliability of the data source to roughly 20 attempts of 60 secs each.  I also looked at the startup timeout for the agent and set that to 20 mins.  I have retested this and it still does not work properly.  Any insight to what I should look for or apply to my current configuration would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does the newer version of IP21 use a Windows service?  Can you configure an appropriate service dependency for your agent(s)?  This would control the startup order and ensure that IP21 was running before the agent tried to start up the connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I believe so.  Thanks, I didn't think of this.