cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .Net Framework

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to run crystal reports on a machine that is not running Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .Net Framework? We developed a c# application and ran the application from a different computer. The reports did not work. Then I installed the Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .Net Framework and they worked. We do not want to install a additional application on our customer machine. We need to be able to reference the dlls. Is this possible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Beverly

I am having problems understanding the question - I think. There are a number of ways of running report, each one requiring some type of app to be installed:

1) The Crystal Reports Designer

2) Crystal Reports viewer

3) .NET application

4) Java application

5) CR Server

6) Business Objects Enterprise

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Beverly,

I assume you have a .NET app to view Crystal reports and you dont want to install the CR runtimes (msi) explicitely on the client machine after deploying the app.

the option for you to use Merge Modules (MSMs). MSMs are the CR runtimes which should be included in the setup package of the application on the DEV machine.

For more info on Merge Modules take a look at the Deployment section of the CR for VS 2010 .NET SDK Developer guide.

Also see this wiki, Using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 Merge Modules (MSM) to create a Setup project

Merge Modules can be downloaded here : http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

- Bhushan

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Getting started and moving ahead with Crystal Reports .NET applications.