cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound and Outbound

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am bit confused about outbound and inboud, seems all relatively depends on which point of view are, I drew Acynchronize and Synchronize two scenarioes, please help me to see if I am understanding it correctly:

In ----- Inbound

Out ----- Outbound

AE -------Adapter Engine

IE--------Integration Engine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can this is basi question, you should udnerstand how message gets processed in PI, like what are the components will invlved in message processing.

Lets take one example File to JDBC interface.

1)Sender File adapter picks up the file from FTP  , now message availble in Aadapter engine.File adapter part of Adapter Engine - java Stack.

2)One File adapter picks up the message then message delivered to Integration Engine , i.e AE--->IE.

in IE mapping gets executed .

3)Mapping out will be delivered to receiver adapter,that means IE---->AE.

4)Receiver JDBC adapter(AE) delivers the message to Data base system.

This is standard process invoved in PI Message processing for Async scenarios. But if you use Adavaced adapter engine/AEX then IE will not invlove in message processing.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja for enhancing my understanding of how messages are processed in PI.

The part confuses me is how you define a message is inbound or outbound, so a message is coming out of AE is a Outbound Message to AE, but after the message coming out of AE and if it goes into IE then it is Inbound Message to IE, correct? lots of time I see just "the Inbound Message" or "the Outbound" message, but without the context I don't know the inbound to where and outbound from where, AE? IE? like the "Outbound Status" column in X|SXMB_MONI, I don't know it is"Outbound from what"? again AE? or IE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> seems all relatively depends on which point of view are

Yes, generally the message which is coming into PI is the inbound message and going out of PI is the outbound.

But if u see the message direction relative to PI, then the incoming is outbound (this is why we create Outbound Service Interface for sender message) and going out message is inbound.

For understanding the overall flow of message within PI, search on SDN u will find a very good blog explaining the overall mesasge flow.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Amit.

So for the "Outbound Status" column in SXMB_MONI message monitoring table, the "Outbound"in "Outbound Status" is referring to it is coming out of AE or IE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if i am not wrong, the outbound status only comes for idocs which are going out of SAP PI

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Answers (0)