cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File without Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am new to XI. I hava simple scenario where in I need to move a file from one FTP server to another FTP server without any mapping. I am not worried about the content of the file. This file has same name in source and target directories. I came across this link ( http://scn.sap.com/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-wit...) and did my steps accordingly. But, I am not able to move the file from one FTP server to another FTP server. My sender CC gives me error saying Sender agreement not found. But I have configures my sender agreement. Do not know what the problem is. The file is not even picked up by my sender CC.

Can somebody direct me what needs to be done in this scenario? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Nani.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member192851
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Create Sender and Receiver Agreements as usual.

Can you show us how you configured Sender Agreement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your replies. I am getting the following eror when I monitor my receiver comm. channel. Sender comm. channel is working fine.

I am able to connect to my external FTP folder through command prompt. I don't understand why I am getting this error. Does anybody knows why I am getting this error? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Nani.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

A few cents,

I am able to connect to my external FTP folder through command prompt

A better test in command prompt will be to try to get a file from the FTP, using the user that you are using in your communication channel, of course. It it works you could think that there isnt a problem in the FTP.

I recommend you the SAP tool for the FTP testing, check this Note 1085539 - XI JDBC/FTP connection Test and XML Validation Application

Check the communication parameters in the FTP communication channel, uppercase or lowercase, the / or \, etc.

If ftp works and you dont notice something weird in the communication channel parameters, you could start with the basic, stop and start communication channel or restart java instance.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the replies. My receiver communication channel has errors. I do not still know what is causing this errors. See below for my errors. Any help is appreciated.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect (Status is RED)

Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect (Status is RED)

Message processing started

Thanks,

Nani.

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Your configuration is ok but lastly check the credentials and server address that you have entered in your receiver communication channel, either they are wrong or the FTP server is down.

Do try to login to FTP directory using any tool like FileZilla.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thank you for the reply. I checked the below things before creating the thread.

1. Sender and Receiver Communication channel correctly configured.

2. Since the scenario is just to move the fiel from one FTP to other FTP, checked whether I have given the same interface and namespace while creating sender,

receiver agreements and receiver, interface determination.

3. I am able to login to receiver and sender FTP clients through Filezilla and command prompt.

4. Since I found errors only in my receiver cc, I made sure whether the port is open

5. I do have the full rights to receiver FTP (read/write/delete access)

6. Restarted both sender and receiver cc

After checking all these, I still see the same error in my receiver cc audit log ( see below) when when I try to send my file from sender FTP to receiver FTP.

I just put these error messages into search engine and found a link ( http://scn.sap.com/thread/1784044 ) which is similar to my existing problem. The solution in the link says that " FTP Server Address (IP/host) have to be add in DNS Server or Hosts File in PI machine. "

What does that mean? Can anyone help assisting me how to add this.

Thanks,

Nani

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>The solution in the link says that " FTP Server Address (IP/host) have to be add in DNS Server or Hosts File in PI machine.

Basically the solution says that you can add host name or domain name next to ip address in the host file so that at run time, system would identify the host name to connect.   In addition, I think you need to check whether any firewall rules for the port opening between pi server and ftp server implemented or not. If not, Please take help from network administrators. This could be the problem.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

Infrastructure team to has to open necessary ports to connect FTP from PI.

are you able to pull file from FTP using sender channel?

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Yes, the sender cc has no problems. The file is getting picked up successfully. But the receiver cc has errors as posted above.

I have a question now, how do I need to check the receiver's FTP port number in the command prompt.

Or is there a way to check the receiver FTP's port number? I want to make sure whether I am using the correct port number.

Please help.

Thanks,

Nani

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Generally we use port 21 for FTP and 22 for FTPS.

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

1)     Check with Basis team if the Receiver server FTP port 21 is open.

Or you can do it in the command propmt of your PI system by typing telnet <ftp ip address> 21

If you get a return value then the port is open.

2)      Also, ask FTP server support person to check the firewall settings of FTP server.

Thanks,

Aradhana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

Thankyou all for the replies. I am finding a hardtime solving this issue. All the ports and firewall is open. But, I still do not have any clue why I am getting this error. I will wait to see if somebody has any ideas on how to overcome this issue.

Please let me know if anybody has faced this issue.

Thanks,

Nani

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

Sender and Receiver channels conencting to same FTP right, stop and start the receiver channel , if possible restart java stack and run interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to change data connection mode from Passive to Active in receiver file adapter and then test ur scenario.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

the error in the receiver comm channel says unable to create new pooled resource..connection time out. it looks like firewall issue. pls check the below steps

1) receiver FTP IP is added in your client's network?

2) your clinet's ip is added in receiver FTP network?

3) in your receiver channel, did you mention the hostname or IP name of the receiver FTP? if you mentioned hostname then pls check with your firewall team and XI UNIX ( or windows if applicable) team whether the host is mapped to IP

Cheers

Hidayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajashekar,

Sender and receiver CC has different FTP's. They are not connected to same FTP. I stopped and started both the cc's. I am still facing the same issue.

I do not know how to restart the java stack. Please let me know the steps about the same.

Thanks,

Nani

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

Just for a quick check try configuring the same FTP in receiver channel that you have used in sender channel and see if you are able to send the files to any of the folder at the same FTP. if that works than it should the FTP admin team who should sort out this issue.

Do try once.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Since there is a problem with my receiver cc FTP at adapter engine level, I tried configuring my receiver cc FTP with sender cc FTP and that worked 100% fine. Only when I put this FTP (the one given as per my reqirement, I face the above error).

As per Hidayat Ansari response,

Waiting for other people responses too.

Thanks,

Nani

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As per my understanding SAP BASIS team wont be able to help. This issue is related to FTP authorization. You are not able to read the directory itself and that is why you are unable to post the messages. Get back to FTP admin and ask for authorization to post the files to that directory. The rights needs to be given to the FTP user that you are using in your channel.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for the reply. I asked the same question to FTP team and they are just telling that, "If you are able to login to the FTP server (either by using command prompt or by using FTP site) then the FTP user has the right to post the file in that server.

Here the receiver FTP is an external FTP. Is this causing any issues since it is an external FTP?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Nani

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Nani,

I would suggest you to do as mentioned.

1. Try logging to FTP server from command prompt and than try to put some file to the directory.

If it gives error than there is authorization issue.

2. Try logging to FTP from your PI server command prompt. This will ensure that if the FTP location is accessible to PI server or not. and also try posting some files to the directory and see if it allows you to do so.

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thnaks again for the reply.

1. Try logging to FTP server from command prompt and than try to put some file to the directory. If it gives error than there is authorization issue.

I do not know the steps involved to put a file to the directory on FTP server from command prompt. Please suggest me the detail stepsto do the same.

2. Try logging to FTP from your PI server command prompt. This will ensure that if the FTP location is accessible to PI server or not. and also try posting some files to the directory and see if it allows you to do so.

I do not know how to logon to FTP from PI server command prompt. Please let me know the steps in detail so that I will try to do the same to check whether I have authorization

Please do the needful.

Thanks,

Nani

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

we have simple steps to connect...

open cmd on your system

1. type FTP <IP address>

2. it will ask for user

3. and than paswd

4. type dir (it will shw you all the directories in the FTP location)

5. cd <Folder name> (This will take you inside the directory)

These are the simple commands...

The same steps you can do when you are on PI server, from there go to run-->cmd and try same steps.

You may google out the commands to put the files int any particular folder to check authorization.

Regards

Anand

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

A few cents:

1. Check if there is any error in RWB-Adapter Engine - Communication Channel monitoring.

2. Check your objects, if you are mixing uppercase and lowercase in the names, etc.

3. Your business objects, (business system, business service, communication component..) whatever you are using, if they have the communication channels and the interfaces.

4. Delete sender agreement, a you create it again using the help-search in the creation, in this way you avoid typing errors.

Finally, are you using XI 3.0 or another upper version?

Regards.

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi nani,

The problem might be because of some incorrect parameters or details

Let me help you with simple steps.

1. Create sender channel with File adapter with FTP details

2. Create receiver channel with File adapter with FTP details

3. create sender and receiver agreement using both the channels.

4. Create Receiver determination and assign the Receiver system.

5. Create Interface determination and add some dummy service interface and namespace to it.

6. In the receiver determination and interface determination make sure the interface name and namespace are same.

7. Run a test configuration in ID using tools menu-->Test configuration.

Your scenario should work properly.

Regards

Anand

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi nani,

did you test your scenario in ID part using "Test Configuration" under "tool menu"

if not then test and check and check one more time ur sender agreement .

and check for below link might help you

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/File2File/Demo1.htm

Regards

Gagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagandeep, 

As told by you, I tested the ID part using the tool menu. I get a runtime error in Receiver determination as below. Can you tell anything from this.

Thanks,

Nani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

Check ASMA if the LS is correctly assigned (if applicable in your case)

Double check all the ID objects again

Venkat.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

If no conversion required and want to dump files from one FTP to other FTP then withut ESR objects you can develop this scenario.

Make sure that you enter correct dummy interface name,name space details correctly.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Yes I entered same dummy interface and namesapce. But, still I am not able to pick the file.

Thanks,

Nani.