cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound status and the queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am monitoring a message and found out the outbound status is not displayed, also the queue is hosting this message seems can't be accessed and I wonder why:

1. In the image below, the first column is overall status, the seconde column is Outbound status, in the yellow highlighted row, the outbound status field (in the red circle) is emty, meanwhile the last row has both overall and outbound status, so does it mean this message not finishing processing yet?

2. I clicked the name of the queue which is hosting the yellow highlighted message, and I got no queue displayed, can't understand why:  

really appreciate it if any input

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blue,

Please check my response to this thread. This will help you find the error in outbound side.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3255241

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thank you very much for the link, it is very helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am just wodering is there any blog or library material detailly describing the message monitoring table derived from SXMB_MONI exactly, I mean for each column, what is the monitor exactly monitoring?

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thanks for the link, the two columns I really like to understand is "OutbStatus" and "Acknoledge status", and we are using PI 7.3

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blue,

"OutbStatus" is used to check status of a message  sent out from sender service. A red flag means there is an error.  An acknowledgment message informs the sender of an asynchronous message about the result of the processing of the message within SAP PI. The reported result is referred to as an asynchronous acknowledgment.As soon as the request message processing encounters an event that requires an acknowledgment, a corresponding acknowledgment message is created and sent to the sender. More about this you can see here http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/29/345d3b7c32a527e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thank you for the explanation.

So for the "OutbStatus", is it referring the message status coming out of Integration Engine or Adapter Engine?

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blue,

"OutbStatus", is it referring the message status coming out of Integration Engine.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Anupam.

In what kind of message processing scenario, "OutbStatus" is not specified?

I hope I am not confusing with what Raja's response: "outbound stats shows for only JAVA adapter involved async scenarios", seems "OutbStatus" is used for message coming out of "Adapter Engine"

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blue,

To the left of "outbound status" field you will see two more fields "inbound" and "outbound".

No flags are shown in "outbound status" if "outbound" field value indicates "AENGINE".We use the Adapter Engine(AENGINE) to connect the Integration Engine to SAP systems (RFC adapter) and external systems. More about this you can see here http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8f/d906d01f77fa40a4c84683c3f8326f/content.htm .

You will see  a flag if the "outbound" value is a "PE"(workflow) or "IDOC" (refers to outbound idoc).

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam, thank you very much for the explanation.

Does "Inbound" and "Outbound" here means  which Engine (PE, IE or AE) the "Inbound Channel" and "Outbound Channel" using?

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blue,

The channel comes after message moves out of IE into AE (or before AE ).  Thus there is no question of "Inbound Channel" and "Outbound Channel" here. The values PE, IDOC,AENGINE is determined by the values/Type of the field "Sender Service","sender interface", "receiver service"," "receiver Interface".  For more details Pls refer to this glossary http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/XI+and+PI+glossary

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thank you very much and I really appreciate your responses. You've been very helpful !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

outbound stats shows for only JAVA adapter involved async scenarios.even if doent shows for other scenarios it does not mean that error. check overal status if it black/whote flag then pipe line stpes executed and data delivered to receiver adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you VERY much Raja, I uderstand the outbound status bit better now, but:

1. What is Java adapter?

2. How come the queue for the message is not displayed?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

java adapter means java based adapters .

if message get struck in queue then you can see in Queues toher wise you cant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Really appreciate your help and being patient with me of asking these basic questions.

I had a search, still can't get a clear idea of what Java adapter is, you say Java adapter, I would assume there are ABAP adapter as well, right? if so, what are their definitions and examples for each of them?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i used wrong term java adapter.." the adapters part of adapter engine(JAVA Stack) interfaces will have outbound status" .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again Raja for your help.