cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMDB on a development system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are configuring a development Solution Manager 7.1 to set up monitoring and metrics collection prior to attempting on production. We already have a production SLD and LMDB. In order to avoid any impact on our production solution manager during configuration and testing, we have configured a separate SLD on the development system.

One of the last steps in solman_setup -> System Preparation is the setup of LMDB. Our development system knows about the existing LMDB for production. Our options are to use the existing production LMDB or create a new separate LMDB for development.

I have a few questions.

On a development Solution Manager system, are people generally sharing a LMDB with production or using a separate LMDB?

Are there any known exposures or concerns with either option?

There is a deactivate button on the screen. Assuming we had defined a local LMDB, would deactivating the production LMDB on the development system change or harm the production LMDB? Could I reasonably expect the production LMDB to still be active on the production Solution Manager?

Thanks for any input.

Russ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest to configure a local SLD and push data from production system. If you need assistance feel free to ask.