cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC lookup error in SAP PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have a Flat file to IDOC scenario. I have one field have to get it from R3 side's table with input from flat file, then map it to the field in IDOC. To make more clear, it will be like this:

input: field1, field2 --- from flat file

output: field3 - from R3 table table1 based on the input field1, field2

filed3 maps to field4 in IDOC.

In PI 7.0 I have written the udf for RFC lookup. If I call the RFC for each values in queue it is working fine. But as calling RFC multiple times is not good I am trying to pass all the values of queue in one shot. For this ECC change the RFC in table type with field1, field2, field3. I am passing the requesr RFC in below structure.

Now it is giving error as below.

Exception during processing the payload.Problem when calling an adapter by using communication channel CC_RFC_Receiver (Party: , Service: ECCBox, Object ID: d087e4739bc7355982b8f8d037e80f98) XI AF API call failed.

could not convert request from XML to RFC:com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (130) JCO_ERROR_XML_PARSER: Expecting a tag to begin with '<' instead of '5', in "fi><field1>503081</fi"'.

Can PI 7.0 support multiple value in one RFC call ? If it support, is there any example link for ECC and PI side steps.

Thanks,

Aniruddha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the RFC support multiples entry then it should work.

if not you have two possibilities:

1. Edit your RFC to support it--> the best choise
  2. inside your UDF perform a FOR NEXT but its not recommended for performance issues coz you could have lot of values and you will need to perform many RFC call equals to the number of values you have in the queue in PI.

Regards

RP-.

Message was edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RP,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please elaborate What need to edit in RFC. Do you have any link for ECC and PI side steps.

Thanks,

Aniruddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

The screen shot is not showing in above query.. The RFC request structure as of now is as below..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:Z_RFCXIPO xmlns:ns0="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions">

<T_TABLE>

<field1>503081</field1>

<field2>000000000001101630</field2>

</T_TABLE>

<T_TABLE>

<field1>503082</field1>

<field2>000000000001101631</field2>

</T_TABLE>

</ns0:Z_RFCXIPO>