cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign PDS to Supply Chain Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello APO folks:

I have successfully CIFed PDS over to APO (SCM 5.0), and checked it in transaction /SAPAPO/CURTO_SIMU - Display Production Data Structures, Was wondering how do I allocate this PDS (PP/DS type) to my supply chain model in SCE.

Thank you in advance.

Mono

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mono,

The Production Data Structure (PDS) in APO does not have the extended functionality that the Production Process Model (PPM) supports. Currently it is not possible to assign PDS to a model. The PDS will be assigned to the model of the planning version in which it is created. It is also not possible to select/view the PDS in the Supply Chain Engineer.

However it is possible to create the PDS in different planning versions. You can do this using the application to transfer the PDS to APO. This can be accessed via transaction CURTO_CREATE or from menu->Central Functions->Supply Chain Planning Interface->Core Interface Advanced Planner and Optimizer-> Integration Model -> Change Transfer->Production Data Structure (PDS) -> Transfer Production Data Structure.

Regards

Jibi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is exactly how Jibi explained it. If you want ot have a PDS in a model that is different from the model 000 you need to go via the planning version. The system looks first for the version you entered in the transfer from ERP and then finds the corresponding model of the planning version. The problem is now how you can maintain different master data for different planning models.e.g. different operation durations to simulate different scenarios. This can only be done by creating different production versions as basis for different PDS. Then you have to make sure that the simulation production versions cannot be used in execution.

Regards Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank/Jibi/ Hemanth:

Thank you so much for your replies, as Frank and Hemanth stated how about if I want to have PDS in Simulation Version of Simulation Model. I did the first PDS transfer in Pl.version 000 and did try again to move in my simulation version I get a message stating <b>No transfer-relevant data found</b>.

I would appreciate if you folks can be a little more in detail about maintaining PDS in simulation versions and how to move them after already moving the PDS in version 000.

Thank you,

Mono

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also I want to add to my earlier reply, how do I know that my transfered PDS exists in Pl.ver 000, is there any way that I can look into version 000 for PDS I transfered. I am working on SCM 5.0 and R/3 4.6.

Thank you

Mono

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mono,

As I know there is no standard way in which you can copy the PDS data from one version to another for simulation in APO.

but, this can be achieved by using transfer of the PDS data to inactive version from R/3. i.e in transaction CURTO_CREATE by specifying the inactive version.

The second way can be by using BAPI_PDSSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI to save a new PDS by specifying the version field with the inactive version.

In this case one can fill the tables using report FUNCTION_LOADER_INLAY or can be filled manually.

for the first case, I do not know why you are facing the message "No Transfer Relevant Data found".

Please check whether you have specified the inactive version name which has been created for simulation in APO.

and also try to create a new production version in R/3 and use this for inactive version transfer.

As you observe Simulation version is unique across the models. and you cannot use the same version name in different models.

hence, only the version field exists in the CURTO_CREATE transaction.

Regards,

Hemanth

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

No transfer-relevant data found. means there were no changes on the data in ERP. The PDS si not transfered a second time. The system needs a change pointer for a new transfer. I change something in the BOM e.g. quantitiy from 1000 kg to 1001 kg and back to 1000 kg. By doing this I get a change pointer and the PDS can be transfered anew.

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

When using transaction CURTO_CREATE there is a checkbox for Change transfer - uncheck this and the PDS will be transferred into APO regardless of changes made in BOM/recipe.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mono,

When the PDS gets created, it would be included in the active model and the planning version i.e. '000'. and do you want to create PDSs in inactive planning versions also? or what is the business process for which you need this?

Regards,

Hemanth