SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunning Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

In our dunning procedure we have 7 levels but my client wants to run 4th  level only on FPVA for special reason so is there any option for level wise dunning run?And I need  portion wise dunning as well.

Please help on this.

Thanks

Ram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

There are two parts to your requirement-

(a) You want to move directly to level 4 for items which are already in the dunning treatment path (say level1), by skipping level 2 and 3.

Or,

(b) You want to directly triggger level 4 for items which are going into dunning cycle for the first time.

For point (a),SAP has already given a functionality to set the new dunning level thru transaction FPM3.

For point (b), you need to do a development in event 304 or 302 to filter out those items which satisfy the specific reason and change the dunning level to 4.

I could not get you on 'Portion wise dunning'. Can you explain the requirment for the same in detail?

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

How about define a execution variant 'z1' in configuration and assign the variant in the FPVA, event 300 gets triggered based on the variant you can alter the proposal according to your requirement, I am not 100% sure but you can try it out.

thanks,

Vikram

murtuza_chhatariya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Can you please explain what special reason? Is this related to contract accounts or any other process?

I mean only few accounts should have 4th level proposals and rest should have directly 5th, is that so?

Regards,

Murtuza

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

There are two parts to your requirement-

(a) You want to move directly to level 4 for items which are already in the dunning treatment path (say level1), by skipping level 2 and 3.

Or,

(b) You want to directly triggger level 4 for items which are going into dunning cycle for the first time.

For point (a),SAP has already given a functionality to set the new dunning level thru transaction FPM3.

For point (b), you need to do a development in event 304 or 302 to filter out those items which satisfy the specific reason and change the dunning level to 4.

I could not get you on 'Portion wise dunning'. Can you explain the requirment for the same in detail?

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your reply.

1. 1.Our requirement for dunning levels: On FPVA we need to have one dropdown filed for Dunning level then our client will be select dunning levels what they wants.( 1... to 😎 because some of them special customers we treated different way so we need to have dunning level option on the selection screen.
  2. We are doing portion billing for every month, Let say first week of every month we schedule billing for 1 to 3 portions only and  2nd week 4 to 8 like that... so I need to do billing portion wise dunning.

(Portion Filed name :PORTION).

Please help me on this...

Ram

0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I think for your -

point 1) It would be better if you can use a separate dunning procedure with required levels for those special customers.

2) Have you checked the option of doing dunning through invoicing ?

thanks,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Please find my responses-

(a) I agree with Vikram on the first point. So if you want to segregate the dunning treatment path for some special customers, the best approach would be to configure a sepearte dunning procedure for them and assign dunning level to this Dunning procedure as per the business requirement.

This would take out the manual activity of selecting the dunning level out of the equation and will be system driven.

(b) Will be quite complex to implement. However, you can enhance event 300 for carrying out the portion wise dunning.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

(1) I also agree with Vikram that having different dunning procedure is the best option to treat different type of customers.

Also dunning levels are executed one after another. So if you put dropdown in FPVA and run it for level 4 directly skipping earlier would make a mess. It however can be done in code. I remember we can reset the level from 4 to earlier. I would check if we can skip future levels say from 1 to directly 4. I will let you know.

(2) Dunning is generally executed on due dates of open amount. If we run different portions by ourselves based on our decided date, than it might skip some levels criteria.

For example, Say you want to send a reminder after 2 days of due date that customer has not paid amount. Now if you run dunning itself after 10 days, then it would make no sense to send this reminder.

Please have a look again at this requirement. Dunning should not be based on billing dates. It will automatically picks required entries.

Thanks,

Murtuza

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

i want to know how dunning level can be set through T code FPM3 ?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your help!

My client doesn’t agreed to create another dunning produces for special
customers  they want do dunning for special
customers also with in the dunning procedure only so what to do?

One more scenario we have dunning levels like –

Level -1 due days 40

Level -2 due days 60

Level -3 due days 30

which level will be run first run?

Regard

Ram

0 Kudos

Ram:

It appears that you and your client are not very familiar with the dunning process.  Please read the help for dunning.  it can be found here under point 3  

regards.

bill.