cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive STORE jobs fail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have just upgraded our SAP system to EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 (NetWeaver 7.31). After the upgrade, all STORE jobs related to archiving fail. There is no descriptive error message at all, just

• "Archive file <filename> cannot be stored"
  • "Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE"

What has been done:

• I have checked application logs, system logs, ICM logs and work process logs, but no trace of this issue.
  • Our content provider cannot see any log entries on their side.
  • The user used between content provider and SAP is ok.
  • The file permissions on the archive file is ok (I have even set them to 777 to check).
  • I have tried to run the STORE job with a different user with more authorizations, but no luck.
  • I have tried to debug the background STORE program (RSARCH_STORE_FILE) with no luck.

Anyone have any input on this issue? The best would be if I was able to generate and/or locate a trace for the failing jobs, but I haven't managed to find a way to do this.

Thank you

regards Ole

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

Can you please provide us which Content Server you're using for storing Archive Files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using IBMs Tivoli Storage Manager. Still, as mentioned, they haven't seen any entries for these store-jobs in their logs, so we believe the requests are not getting that far...

regards Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using IBMs Tivoli Storage Manager. Still, as mentioned, they haven't seen any entries for these store-jobs in their logs, so we believe the requests are not getting that far...

regards Ole

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then, lets check the Content Repository assigned to the Archiving Object. CAn you please share the screenshot you'll take from SARA (TCODE) > enter AO name > Customizing > AO Costomizing

And also, goto OAC0 > Find the Content Repository name from SARA and open the details here and share the details screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for responding!

Here are the screenshots. As for OAC0 - connection test is ok & the RFC CSTORE-ADSM is also working fine...

regards Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transfer directory is same as ARCHIVE_GLOBAL_PATH_WITH_ARCHIVE_LINK?

Data file existing in Transfer directory?

Content Server CPIC user has proper perms? User and Group? To full directory structure?

This is RFC content repository?

Test at SM59 also returns success I assume.

Does Test from CR server return success also?

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

Please check the Physical destinations of Logical File Name Z_FI_ACCOUNT_ARC_FILE (in SARA) and Z_OAC0 in (OAC0)

They must point to the same directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes they are pointing to the same directory.

regards Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks.

Transfer directory is same as ARCHIVE_GLOBAL_PATH_WITH_ARCHIVE_LINK? -> Yes

Data file existing in Transfer directory? -> Yes

Content Server CPIC user has proper perms? User and Group? To full directory structure? -> Yes, as mentioned I have even changed properties to enable full access to the file.

This is RFC content repository? -> Yes and SM59 is successful

Does Test from CR server return success also? -> You mean by "pinging" the SAP system?

regards Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not very familiar with the CR you are using.

With Open Text Archive Server you have the ability to test your connection back to the SAP system in question.

Also in Open Text you can no longer have RFC content repositories so I am a bit out of practise in troubleshooting such.

Can you successfully archive to this CR via SARA?

Is there any log being reurned in your background job?

I am sorry but I am now out of ideas with the current information!

Message was edited by: Jeff James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ole,

Have you read Karin Tillotson's Blog post about the changes in Data Archiving after upgrade to ERP 60 EHP 6?

http://scn.sap.com/community/information-lifecycle-management/blog/2012/09/24/sap-data-archiving-cha...