cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPconnect fax error email

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have successfully configured SAPconnect to send faxes to a RightFax server, and are receiving synchronous responses and asynchronous status calls, viewable in SOST. This has been working for a couple of years. However, we have a new request that users receive an email notification if there is an error in sending one of their faxes, so that they don't have to go into SOST to look for error statuses.

I have reviewed the relevant documentation, and found several Notes (especially 335310, 960880) that point to problems when send email notifications of statuses has been configured. I also reviewed documentation and Notes on alert monitoring. But I am unable to find any documenation on how to configure SAPconnect to send email notifications of failed faxes to the user who sent them.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured out how to intercept the SAPOffice message generated by the return notification and forward that to the user's (or another user's) email account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Clark, I'm interested in how you intercepted the SAPoffice message and forwarded this to an e-mail address. Can you please explain how you did this?

Regards,

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I just noticed this message, and I hope you already figured it out.

I used SO36 to set up automatic forwarding. This will intercept all SAPOffice messages and send them to a designated email address that you specify for a specific time period (you can set it to 12.31.9999 to make it permanent).

In our environment, we have "resource" email accounts that are shared by admins that can then process the emails (usually failure notifications).