cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS implemention project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I am new in PPDS so kindly let me know what question I hv to ask the business for PPDS implemention project.

Please provide ur guidance

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

vikas what is the time span of your implementation project in PP/DS...? i am asking this because i want to give a commitment to my client about my finishing date.i too am in PP/DS. am the only APO resource ,3 ABApers and one basis .master datas alone are intact .  the requirement is to generate a MRP run in PPDS taking into account capacities/ finite capacity planning...can i say it would take 6 months for me to complete the project does it sounds logical?? even if i say 2 years they have no problems with it but still to b realistic ..what is the time length can i commit??

Former Member
0 Kudos

RO,

PP/DS is one of the tougher modules to implement.  I will assume that GATP and any other SCM module is out of scope.

One of the biggest overall problems you will face is user adoption.  If the client currently has an existing, well understood, well implemented, and well controlled (including master data support) ECC Production Planning implementation, where MRP and Cap Leveling are currently used successfully, then 6 months would be an aggressive but do-able estimate.  If any of the above is not true, then quadruple the time estimate, and warn the client he will need to step up with massive participation from his best users for the first 6-12 months.  Assuming he actually has any....

You haven't commented on PP/DS implementation experience in the consulting team.  You will need AT LEAST one PP/DS Solution Architect who has done multiple implementations in the past.  This experienced SA would probably also need a PP/DS functional to assist.  Without the SA, the project has a substantial risk of failure; and no amount of time extension will address that risk.

You will need SCM Basis support, and you will need SCM Authorization support for your team in addition to the resources mentioned earlier.  In SCM, these subject areas differ substantially from ECC, and having the wrong resource will drag the project down.

Also, depending upon the enhancements that exist in the client's current ECC PP implementation, or any non-standard business requirements, you will need to ensure that one or more of your ABAPers are experienced in Livecache programming and CIF enhancement programming.  Here too, the wrong resource will place a substantial drag on the project.

Good Luck and Best Regards,

DB49

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

PPDS clients are usually rich and my client is very rich,a sort of royal class ,just came out of discussion room after sharing your opinion with them there words are still reverberating in my ears worth sharing with you-,like "you be a permanent employee and try as much as possible- time is not a constraint,remain with us until 60 years of age no issues ,but ensure the planning run result is closer to 100 percent if not exactly 100 percent." so DB yet another feather on your cap you have made me a permanent employee in my client place..hahahhaaa..nice of you...exemplary contribution indeed ! i wish i host a party for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

RO,

Thanks for your kind words.

...so DB yet another feather on your cap you have made me a permanent employee in my client place..hahahhaaa...

My sincere wish for you is that you are still able to laugh about this matter two years from now.

Best Regards & Good Luck,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikas,

There is an infinite variety of questions to be asked.  Once you begin asking, the followup questions will then change, depending upon the answers you received in the first series.

The easiest way for a beginner to start is to include some of the standardized questions that SAP has already generated when you conduct your initial interviews with the client.  You can see a list of these question by logging onto any SCM system and executing transaction SQADB01, or just view the contents of the table SQADB01.  Some of these questions are not necessarily relevant for PP/DS, but good questions nonetheless because they COULD be applicable.

Best Regards,

DB49