cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Acknowledgement/ Order Change issue..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am SAP SD Consultant. I have one requirement regarding Order Acknowledgement (Order Creation), Order Change IDoc and Shipping Notification,  kindly assist me to resolve it.

Functionality: SAP has to send the data of Order Acknowledgement, Order Change and to other system, only for those customer to whom  Output condition records have been maintained. Other system will take this data and will send the email to respective customer. SAP has to send the IDoc for below

• Order Confirmations (for new orders)
• Notifications on several types of order changes only (1. Change in Delivery Required date, 2. Added lines, 3. Cancelled lines, 4. Change in line order quantity,  5. Change in Ship From’  Plant/warehouse)

·         Order Shipment Notifications

·         Changes in scheduled shipment date

·         Missed schedule shipment date

Backorders

Now the Issue is, SAP need to send the changes in such a way, other system can read/find out what is/are the changes in sales order. for exm, In an order the order quantity of an Item is 5, later it gets change from 5 to 3 so once again Change IDoc will generate and send to other system.  But now SAP will send the Order Change IDoc with full information (not only change information) and whatever is changed SAP need to  set up a Flag or “X” so other system can understand what got change.

Additionally We have to set up SAP in such a way, for Order Changes IDoc will trigger if required only but Order Acknowledgement will be by default for required customers. In other words, Order confirmation IDoc will be created for all customers for which we have maintained the Condition records BUT Order change IDoc should be triggered only for some customers out of the customers we have maintained the Condition records for order confirmation.

Mode of transmission:  IDOC
Frequency:                  Hourly Batch.    

Awaiting for your valuable inputs.

Thanks,
Prashant Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

If i understand correctly, you want the Idoc to be generated for order confirmation, shipment notification etc... but also want to generate Idoc in some instances while changing the sales order.

The first scenario you can obtain by output determination by triggering EDI. Also for the scenario of triggering Idoc while changing the order can be done through output but you require to use customized program where it checks whether the document is already exist or not, if it does not exist(means order acknowledgement) then it should generate Idoc and if it exists then you require some 'if' condition where you can maintain your criteria for triggering Idoc again.

I hope it makes sense.

Regards,

Jay

Answers (0)