Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creat longt text in different language for incomplete copy model

daniel_titze3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i have an inspection plan where i integrated one characteristic from an Master Insp. Characteristic as an incomplete copy model.

I created the long text for this characteristic directly in the inspection plan.

Now how can i translate that long text into another language? I don't find an option/button to change language for long text.

I know that i can create that long text in the Master Insp. Characteristic, but that is not what i want.

Also login to sap with a different language only shows me the one long text in the language where i created it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I know.. you can edit long text with only one language key for inspection characteristic in inspection plan.

The inspection plan is based on structure of task list such as PLKO, PLPO, PLMK...

Within task list.. we can edit long text with only one language for header, operation, characteristic.

So if you want to maintain the long text with multi-language for characteristic, you have to use the master insp. charac.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

I would tend to agree to DoWook KIM's statement. Specially when looking at PLMK one can see that there is only one field available for each entry (KURZTEXT).

So it comes back to challenging your initial statement: you do not want to use MICs. Maybe if you explain why this is the case someone might help you out with a different approach to your issue.

Regards

MH

daniel_titze3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

thank you for your response. I don't want to use the MICs because the inspection plans are all set up allready. This was done a long time ago and now there is the requirement for a different language.

So i was just trying to have the least effort.

But if it is true what you and DoWook wrote then i have to go the way and change all MICs and then integrate them once again in all the plans.

Thanks

Daniel

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

when setting this up consider using a template plant for all your MICs (check FireFighter's posts/blogs on this as well). You might need to adjust your roles then to give all users access to these MICs in your inspection plans/inspection lots, but you can use them in all your plants. This way you do not have to create duplicate MICs in each plant. Also a results reporting (e.g. via QGA4) is much easier implemented.

My proposal is also that you limit authorization to create MICs to very few users in order to prevent duplicate creation.

Last decision has to be if you want to use versions in your MICs. Check the documentation for this, my personal advise is not to use them, as updates in your MICs are directly going through to your plans. But again: this depends on your MIC usage strategy.

Regards

MH