cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a doubt realted to XML validation, an incoming xml file is validated at Adapter engine level and suppose it gets failed so now i want to archive xml that file into some error folder and if the validation is sucessful then i have to archive this file in some sucess folder. So is it possible?

Regards

Vasant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no this is not possible using the standard approach. you might look at custom options like this - http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/01/30/xml-xsd-validation--an-alternativ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i implement this approach then i will be creating the sucess and failed message but how will i call the next step i.e my actual mapping once the validation using java mapping is sucessful?

Regards!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can do that as in your case you only want to do validation and nothing more

so just do the validation in the mapping and on the basis of that send to the correct interface

(you can use the mapping in the extended receiver determination)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So let me put this way, you are suggesting to do the validation at mapping level (like validation of integer, date, maxlength of string etc) in the extended receiver determination mapping and for records where this validation is sucessful create the target message (in my case orders idoc) and if not then create the same XML message on the the eror folder?

Regards!!