SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of Goods Sold in sales sets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are planning to use sales sets and are doing some tests. When a sales set is sold through a normal WPUUMS idoc, the system automatically performs a 317 movement (creation of structured article) and a 251 movement on the sales set. This is great but the accounting documents do not seem to represent a sale.

What happens is that the stock is decreased on the components by offsetting a "GR without PO" account, at the same time stock of the sales set is increased. This is the result of the 317 movement. The postings associated with the 251 movement seem to be a decrease in stock of the sales set (which you would expect) and a posting to a "PO difference" account.

The result is that COGS is not posted. It is not posted with the components cost nor with the sales set cost, therefore I think this is not correct. On the same system, during a sale of a normal article you have a decrease of stock and a posting on the COGS account. But in the case of sales set you have a posting to a PO/difference account. Is this the normal standard behaviour (and if so can anyone explain the logic)? Or do we have to change something in account determination of 317-251?

Thanks & Regards,

Sotiris Chantzis

4 REPLIES 4

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sotiris,

Please, see the article 'Handling of Structured Articles in ECC 6.0 at the time of PO,GR and SO'  by  Aram Kalyanasundaram in this link http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29560

For the items category check what items have the flag 'determine cost'.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should check the automatic GL account configuration.

The GL a/c used may be wrong

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to answer.

I had already had a look at that doc, all the customizing is OK. Indeed, last week I found that my problems probably lie in the valuation class and the GL account config. The problem is that the sandbox system on which we are testing has suffered from some developments and we cannot really maintain correctly the valuation data of the article.

Therefore my tests have suffered a small setback, we will have to do it in another system in the following days. This is also why I forgot to update the post with this info.

Thanks again for trying to help

Sotiris

0 Kudos

Hi, are you able to solve this issue? if yes, appreciate if you can share your solution here. Thanks.