SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISU period consumption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have not maintained period consumption in device installation. but it is there in EL56. could you guide me about this how it is maintained.

Is it updated automatically?

Regards.

Priya

Message was edited by: William Eastman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

The periodic consumption first time needs to be maintained manually in a period with a maximum of 365 days.

Based on your base period category the calculation changes while extrapolation.

Period consumption is entered at register level as a fixed value in the installation structure data.

It is used for extrapolating meter reading results if one of the following cases:

• No representative base period exists (such as for meter readings after installation or move-in)
  • The consumption pattern of the customer has changed (number of persons living in household has changed, for example)
  • The physical conditions in the customer's environment have changed (by converting the measuring accuracy (register factor) of the meter during the extrapolation period, for example)
  • The calculation of meter readings and budget billing amounts to be extrapolated, has been influenced (for example, if the rate framework or consumption pattern of the customer has changed).

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Sachin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

The periodic consumption first time needs to be maintained manually in a period with a maximum of 365 days.

Based on your base period category the calculation changes while extrapolation.

Period consumption is entered at register level as a fixed value in the installation structure data.

It is used for extrapolating meter reading results if one of the following cases:

• No representative base period exists (such as for meter readings after installation or move-in)
  • The consumption pattern of the customer has changed (number of persons living in household has changed, for example)
  • The physical conditions in the customer's environment have changed (by converting the measuring accuracy (register factor) of the meter during the extrapolation period, for example)
  • The calculation of meter readings and budget billing amounts to be extrapolated, has been influenced (for example, if the rate framework or consumption pattern of the customer has changed).

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually we are not entering period consumption at register level. but it is still mentioned.

You please tell me it is updated automatically year wise or some other functionality is there?

Regards.

Priya

0 Kudos

Hello,

As I have seen in my previous project:-

The periodic consumption is first maintained manually based on criterias decided by utility company.

Then whenever the MR/ Consumption is entered in the system, SAP recalculates the periodic consumption.

The other option would be when business partner wants to chnage the same, based on chnages in his/her consumption pattern.

Hope this solves your query.

Regards

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin and Priya,

As far as I know, periodic consumption does not update automatically. There must be some enhancement required during meter reading upload.

Primarily, periodic consumption is used for meter reading estimation. Once we have sufficient meter reading history, then system automatically considers meter reading history for estimation (and periodic consumption is ignored).

However, as stated by Sachin, if customer wants to change periodic consumption, then periodic consumption comes into play during estimation if we maintain periodic consumption with latest time slice.

Regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a question:

Do you know if it posible fill the Period Consumption in transaction EG31 automatically?

In exit EXIT_SAPLE30D_001 in fill this field in  XY_ZW_INPUT-PERVERBRO and PERVERBR, but the fill is empty:

Thanks!