cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asynch SOAP receiver adapter - Fault message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this possible to create a Asynchronous IDOC to SOAP scenario with a feature to capture Fault message.

E.g: if you send a message from Altova XML Spy we will get error such as "method unavailable" but when the same message is sent from PI we would get "Application/UNKNOWN/APPLICATION_ERROR-application " . Is there a way to get "method unavailable" at adapter level in RWB instead of a generic error Unknowing application error.

I am on 7.11. There is a provision to add Fault message to service interface and but no way to add fault message in OM.

I have captured the WSDL given by the web server and am using it in the ESR (also under fault message).

Still this issue persists.

Please share your thoughts if we can capture fault message instead of application error.

Venkat

P.S: the application error cause was identified and is in the progress of fix but would like to know if I can change the fault message before the fix is done to test the same

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

does the webservice throw an exception exactly as it is defined in the WSDL? Because if you import that WSDL into PI, define its fault type as the exception message and then call the webservice, PI should understand the fault message sent by the server and display its content in monitoring.

Fault types in OM are definitely not required in asynchronous scenarios.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorg,

Yes, the fault message displayed in SOAP tool is in lines with what is provided it in the WSDL.

PI, for some reason does not catch the same.

Regards,

Venkat.