cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI Re-Transport previous version

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have imported component version 8, 9 and 10 to DEV to Test system thru NWDI.  Means first consolidate --> Assemble --> Test

Unfortunate I realize 9 and 10 goes wrong update. Can I re-import version 8  , so it will revert 9 and 10 ‘update?

Please let me know if need more detail.

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

already closed activities cannot be reverted.

Meaning if you have already activated an activity but you realize you don't need it in production then do not release it. This statement is valid as mentioned for non-activated activities, and in your case I assume this is not applicable. What you can do is:

1. create a new activity, adjust it as demanded and import that one thru the landscape.

2. What you can also do is that in your NWDS you do a "Sync to Date" and import that one through the landscape (i.e. check-in, activate, release, import to dev, import to cons, assemble and import to the rest of the systems like test and prod).

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ervin

Very strange. If we activated and release the component and transported in Test system.

So there is no any way to revert on assemble component or re-transport previos version.?

It means ...after release any activity if anything wrong then we need to do all from scratch like again check in DEV then release and so on. 😞

Regards,

Ashish

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

each assemble will generate a SCA file, you can download the old sca and deploy to the system

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

yes, I believe your understanding on this is right.

But perhaps you can find a suitable scenario when walking through these guides:

Best Practices for running the NWDI

Maintenance of an NWDI-Driven System Landscape

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes, but that "solves" the problem only in runtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jun ..yes each assemble will generate a SCA file, but we can't deploy again those sca file. Have you tired before?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why you cannot deploy again?

if you want to revert at source code level,  you have to do it manually, no easy way going back.

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Best solution here would be to sync back your code to version 8 in NWDS, use 'sync to date' option.

Copy src folder of version 8 in your hard drive.

As this is older version of your code so it will not let you create any activity, so sync your code with latest version i.e version 10.

Now copy all 3 folders of your src folder which was copied in your hard drive and paste this folder in your DC's src folder and replace all 3 folders, it will ask for a new activity, create the activity then reload your DC then finally check-in-->activate-->release-->assemble-->import this activity in next environments.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Rohit

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what does this mean "import component version 8, 9 and 10 to DEV to Test"?