cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I initialize SDM password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to run SDM server, but it doesn't accept my password so I want to initialize my SDM password.

How can I initialize SDM password?

Thank you

Perihan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Perihan,

Go to Srart tab then Run and Command line then go to the SDM\program directory.

Execute :

sdm jstartup "mode=standalone" "sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/SDM/program"

Wait for a confirmation that your setting was saved.

Execute:

sdm changepassword "sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/SDM/program" "newpassword=abc123"

Again wait for a positive confirmation.

Execute :

sdm jstartup "mode=integrated" "sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/SDM/program"

Just to make sure it's set back to integrated.

NOTE: the "/" instead of the "\" in the sdmhome

Cheers,

Shaym

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I followed all the information and got the successfull confirmation. But when I try to logon SDM server by using new password in C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC01\SDM\program\RemoteGui.bat it gave me "Error could not establish connection to server XXXX on port YYYY. Connection refused:connect"error. I used the changed password. So I cannot run SDM server. Do you have any idea how can I solve and how can I connect SDM server.

Thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Perihan ,

Please have a look at the SDM command line tool documentation, you will find it under /usr/sap//SDM/program/doc/. It´s a PDF. On page 15 of this PDF you will find the solution for your issue ...

If you do not find it please let me know I will fwd you the steps again to change and restart the SDM server and connect to the J2EE.

Regards

Rahul

• Plesae award Points if help is useful *****

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perihan

Please also check the sap note 997810 for any issue with SDM .

Regards

Rahul

• Please award points if help is useful ***

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I know that solution,(

Since the SDM Server offers you functions that you can use remotely, they must be protected from unauthorized use. For this reason, the SDM requires remote users to authenticate themselves with a password. The default shipped password is sdm. You can change this password in the following ways:

• Pushbutton in the remote GUI

• changepassword command

sdm changepassword sdmhome=<...> newpassword=<...> [password=<...>]

where

• newpassword: New password

• password: Old password. Since 6.30 SP5, this parameter has been set optional so that the password can be changed without reference to its current value. If this parameter is specified, its value will be ignored.

)

But that solution needs old password and my old password doesn't work. I need a solution that doesn't need to use old password. Or is there any way to reinstall SDM server without reinstalling NetWeaver .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did change SDM password, but I tried to run SDM server remotely without starting application server (sapmmc) so i got the error message of "Could not establish to connection to server XXXX at port YYYY. Connection refused : connect". After I started sapmmc I started SDM server by using my changed password. So your solutions works

Thank you very much indeed

Perihan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perihan ,

Good Job . Thanks

Please award points if the help was useful .

Regards

Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Perihan

You have two options to do it.Either from command prompt as mentioned below

set to program directory of SDM in the command propt

\usr\sap\SID\JCXX\SDM\program>sdm changepassword "sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/SID/JCXX/SDM/program" "newpassword=abc123"

Any issues feel free to ask.

Or By following the instructions in given in the below thread

Reward points if usefull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rejad,

The problem is I don't remember old password.So I want to change SDM password without using old password. Do you know any solution about it.

Thank you very much

Perihan