cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password error in IDM7.2 SP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, I really need your help on this.

I don't think I totally understand how the password is supposed to work.

Configured IDM 7.2SP5. Connected to only one ABAP for now. Others to follow. I ran initial load. I setup password policy in IDM. My understanding is that doing this will generate initial password and send emails to users. I am not getting this. I have followed/setup self service password per document. I enabled both "MX_PASSWORD $FUNCTION.sap_core_encryptPasswordMD5()$$" and "MX_ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD    $FUNCTION.sap_core_encryptPassword()$$" in the "WriteAbapUsers" of initial load. My users are not getting email (but email works when I assign privilege) to notify of initial logon password. Additionally, when I manually change the password in IDM UI, Users still unable to logon to ABAP client. Do the errors and warnings below play a role?

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/sap/IDM/identitycenter/KEY/Keys.ini (No such file or directory)

Executing
sap_core_getPassword({DES3CBC}1:254768dc0ac56355-9db1bc435e72961a61f1179ff09d772a) got RuntimeException - undefined: Cannot convert null to an object. HINT: Check line 7 in the script sap_core_getPassword

Failed running function in string "$FUNCTION.sap_core_getPassword({DES3CBC}1:254768dc0ac56355-9db1bc435e72961a61f1179ff09d772a)$$".
Marking entry as failed. Exception was: undefined: Cannot convert null to an object.

Why is it looking for " /usr/sap/IDM/identitycenter/KEY/Keys.ini (No such file or directory)" instead of  "/usr/sap/IDM/identitycenter/Key/Keys.ini (No such file or directory)"

I appreciate you in advance. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you set up the path to Keys.ini in NetWeaver?  I'm guessing you did not.  Also make sure that the exact same Keys.ini is on all IDM systems that are running the MMC console or NetWeaver itself.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I did. I read your previous posts on passwords. Thank you for your prompt response.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also it looks like you are using Linux / Unix on your NetWeaver server.  Check the permissions on the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it's linux. Permissions are okay. I think maybe I don't fully understand how the password works. Am I missing a step?

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like you are indeed using the framework.  Did you check the line of the script in question?  Is the pass using MX_PASSWORD or MX_ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD?

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I'm using the Framework. It is using both.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I did so far is to check the "Enable password provisioning" in the ID Store. My understaanding is that this will force a initial password generation which will be emailed to the user. I then ran an ABAP initial load. but no emails with password. I also tried to change the password via the UI but got the error. I'm I missing a step?

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you set passwords for the user?  I think there's a line in one of the scripts that do this.  You might also set a default, non productive password automatically.  e.g., Welcome123 Then when the users log in to the systems they will reset.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt, Thanks for your response

I am not aware a script that allows me to set an initial password. The best I see is the script "custom_initializePassword". I am yet to get this to work. My understand is once I check the password provisioning, IDM should generate a system password and email to users. No such email is getting out. Is there something I'm missing?

former_member205095
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fernandes!

have you solved the issue? (sap_core_getPassword....)

please what did you do?