cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stock tranfer between plants.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I kindly need your suggestions for one of the very urgent  scenario in my company.

There are two plants (A&B) under the same company code"X".Plant A ships the products (c&d) to the plant B. The product "c" is shipped through the STO process to plant B. This product "c" will stay in the location of plant B and the ownership will belong to a USA entity.  But for the second product "d",  we want this product to be shipped from plant A to plant B, but once the product is in plant B, the ownership should lie with a new entity. So, this mean that, the product "d" wil be in the warehouse of plant B, but the ownership should belong to this new entity. Can you please suggest if it is possible?

Note- please note that we do not want to create a new company code for this another entity in SAP.

Consignment fill up will not be possible because, the ownership will still be with USA entity when the product is shipped to plant B. The ownership in this case will only transfer to new entity when consignment issue is done.

Is there any other way to make this scenario work?

I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, this mean that, the product "d" wil be in the warehouse of plant B, but the ownership should belong to this new entity.

What do you mean by new entity? If the company does not want to own the stock ,then create a customer master (to represent plant B and its address), and do regular sales process.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. Let me try to put it in more clear way..

Plant A and B are the plants in US. Products C and D get manufactured in plant A and are moved to plant B. Plant B's inventory which includes product C and D is currently owned by US company in SAP.  Our company in south america (this company is currently not in SAP) wants to have inventory ownership for the products "D" alone while they are sitting in the plant B.

1. I know that this would be possible if we create a new company code in SAP for the south american company but this will be a huge task for us. 

2. I cannot do the consignment fill up because the ownership of the products will still be under US entity.

Appreciate your suggestions.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create a separate storage location in plant B with address of the storage location to represent South American company. Then do the Stock transport (STO) process to this storage location. Note that in this process also, the ownership still lies with US company.

Will this help?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The biggest issue is that the South American company wants the ownership of these products sitting in plant in US.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to transfer the ownership but the product still sitting in plant B, then create a customer master with plant B address, then do the regular sales process (sales order -> delivery ->billing).

I am not sure about other methods of changing the ownership, hence recommend you to post in materials management forum. Probably they can help with using movement type for change of ownership.(for example 301).

Regards,