cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The leave request ROADMAP and links showing in german launguage in ESS in portal

srinivas_kondapalli3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

Now i am working in NetWeaver 7.3 Ehp1 , i assign ess role to users, i  noticed that the ROADMAP and the links in leave requst (links:team calendar,calendar,show absence) are showing in German language.

Please let me know how to change German language to English.

We are running  EP 7.3 EHp1 ,ESS 633 and MSS630.

For your reference please observe the attached below screenshot

Thanks in Advance.

Kindly Expedite

Regards,

Srinivas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lee3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

you can change the text as follow:

Navigate to the iview in the pcd.

Preview the iview

Right mouse click on the element(s) you want to change, you should see this little scren

click on 'Settings for Current Role' a property screen will be displayed.

here you can change the text.

Hope it helps.

Vo.

srinivas_kondapalli3
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear de Vo,

I agree with you, I need to change the text language not only physical displayed text.

regards,

Srinivas.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

We are facing  similar issue, Please could share the solution how did you resolve.

Thanks

Krish

srinivas_kondapalli3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna reddy,

I changed the text manually. The steps are given below:

step1:Navigate to the leave request iview

which is avilable in -->content admin-->portal content-->ur customized folder-->IN ESS Preview the iview

Right mouse click on the element (in iview)you want to change, you should see screen named  " Settings for Current Role"

click on 'Settings for Current Role' a property screen will be displayed.

Check the box and enter the equal English word in new value column.

German to English translation in ess leave request:

Anzeigen und Bearbeiten --- Viewing and Editing

Prufen und senden -- Check and send

Beendet -- Terminated

Show Teamkalender -- Show Teamcalender

Hide Kalender -- Hide Calender

Show Zeitkonten --Show Time Accounts

Show Abwesenheitsübersicht  -- Show Attendance Board

Show Arbeitsvorrat--Show worklist

After entering the text in new value column,click on apply and Ok

Hope it helps u.

If the information provided by me to u is help to solve ur problem award me points.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thanks for wiritng detailed steps and I appreicate your time. The problem is , I couldn't even reach that level, as soon as I right click on the UI element to use personalization I am getting a dump.

Created sap note but still waiting for response. Here is teh dump which says the srvcconfig folder is missing this application specific FPM configs are similar but I am not sure...

I also navigate through this folder ,

portal_content/com.sap.pct/srvconfig/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.cats

/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.fpmapplications/

I did not see any application under this folder and it is blank, is this becasue the BP Self service administrion is missing?

Please can you provide your thoughts and inputs for causing this issue.

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find view element with ID aaaaKDCE.RoadmapView.portal_content/com.sap.pct/srvconfig/
com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.ess.employee_self_service
/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.cats/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.fpmapplications/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.DataRecord/com.sap.xss.config.roadmapsteps/Recordend in application com.sap.xss.hr.cat.record.CatDataRecord with namespace aaaa
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.ajax.AjaxClient$OrdinaryInboundEvent.<init>(AjaxClient.java:1853)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.ajax.AjaxClient.createInboundEvent(AjaxClient.java:645)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.ajax.AjaxClient.updateEventQueue(AjaxClient.java:500)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.phases.TransportIntoDataContainerPhase.execute(TransportIntoDataContainerPhase.java:46)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequestPartly(WindowPhaseModel.java:162)
    ... 85 more

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Any help or input greately appreciated, still waiting on response from sap.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

As DeVo suggested, you can put the text English or DE text there.

BUT this looks to be some problem with the SAP code, some XLF files missing. Pls check if SAP has any not on this issue if not please create the defect i.e. open the OSS Msg and SAP will fix this for you.

As half of the text is in English an remaining half in DE. (The Road map is from FPM, looks like the lang conversion xlf is missing)

Lee3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandhar,

I miss the FPM objects (iview or page) in the PCD.

gr

Vo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If they are present in some other systems in ur landscape you can export and import it form there.

I think better is to open ticket to SAP and get it fixed with them.