cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easyDMS does not take access path from data carrier into account?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm starting with easy DMS and I am facing an issue I cannot find a quick answer for.

* EasyDMS version: 7.1.3.1

* ECC 6.0 EhP 5

A file is located on \\share\x\y\z\filename.docx

This file is linked to a material in SAP.

When I try to view a document via easyDMS interface I receive an error: "Could not start application for file \x\y\z\filename.docx The System cannot find the file specified"

When via easyDMS interface I start 'Display with SAP GUI' and then doubleclick the file it is opened correct.

It seems to me as if the easyDMS does not take into account the access path from the data carier (type PC).

I suppose this is a very basic setup but I can't immediately find a solution to that.

Many thanks,

Geert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes system reacts very correctly, Via Easy DMS u need to create the dcoument and then attach that document to master object link then system will allow you to access the same, but simply by attaching the file path will not solve the purpose that's why system not recognize the data carrier type (PC), and u need SAP GUI for file access via DMS Easy access.

Follow the correct steps, system surely reacts correctly.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback - i'm still struggling to visualize it via EasyDMS

Scenario:

. Via SAPGUI we have created a document

. In the document we have defined 'Originals' and refer to a file on a certain share (eg: \\share\x\y\z\filename.docx) where \\share\x\y\z\ is defined as 'Storage Category'

. We then link the document to a material A

When opening easyDMS and search for documents related to material A we can find 'filename'.

When we doubleclick the entry we get the errormessage described  above.

I added a screenshot to clarify the case.

Geert

Answers (0)