cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal System Object with Web Dispatcher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a requirement where in i need to configure System Object with SSO between EP to ERP/ CRM system with Webdispatcher in place.

EP-->Web Dispatcher-->ERP/CRM system.

I have configured the System object with Load balancing, maintained properties as listed below

WAS Configuration --> Webdispatcher Host name, Port

ITS Configuration -- > Webdispatcher Host name, Port

Connector Details --> Message Server host, Port, Gateway host and Port.

Is this the correct configuration, as i login to Admin of Webdispatcher i dont see any active session? and is it using the WAS / ITS configuration or Connector details for login.

Thanks,

Balaji.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in test connection of your system object, there are 2 test you can run against ITS setting and web AS setting,

if that two tests run correctly( green checked symbol) then you are doing it right.

Regards, Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

ITS and Web AS connection are successfully with Green tick mark.

But my doubt is in Webdispatcher admin i am not seeing any active connections?

Is it using the Webdispatcher or Settings maintained in Connector Details.

Thanks,

Balaji.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

But my doubt is in Webdispatcher admin i am not seeing any active connections?

Unless there is an icm process running, you will not see any thing going there.

Is it using the Webdispatcher or Settings maintained in Connector Details.

it is using its own system detail. If you have doubt, just empty ITS host & redo the ITS testing. That should clear the doubt on which setting it used.

Additional Info:this also can easily proven from application perspective by using Transaction iview. specify it using SAPGUI for html, it will be using your ITS setting, using SAPGUI for windows, it shall use connector setting.

Regards, Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thank you Very Much,

I checked as you mentioned HTML GUI it is working fine and using the Webdispatcher to login.

But i observe that when i login to webdispatcher it is logging into only one Application server, after i logoff and login also.

Thanks,

Balaji.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i observe that when i login to webdispatcher it is logging into only one Application server, after i logoff and login also.

It depends on which load balancing configuration SMLG,  if you are currently the only user in the system then i expect most of the time depending on the load, you will be logged in the same server. Try with more user connections.

Regards, Henry

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thank you very much, it was due to less uers, the web dispatcher load balancing is working fine.

I successfully configured the Same in my landscape.

Thanks,

Balaji.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

The requirement is not much clear and what kind of the object you want to configure?

See the use of WD -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/5cfd3b0e59774ee10000000a114084/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Requirement is to Use webdispatcher as point of connection from EP to ERP system.

Thanks,

Balaji.S