cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue regarding creation of Pur. Requestion & consumption of available stock in MRP run?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Facing below issue regarding Ind./Coll indicator Maintenance. The scenario is as below.

1.      We are using MTO scenario with Strategy-20

2.      Sales order for finished product will converted into Planned order & then into Production Order.

3.      After creation of planned Order by system, the dependent requirement also generated for the child component.

4.      For Indv/Coll-1 ( MRP-4 view) in child component, system was creating Pur. Requisition separately for each order though the sufficient stock is available.

5.      And for Ind./Coll indicator – 2,   available stock is considering but no PR is generating for deficit quantity. And in MD04 (getting error in overview tree as- 40. Coverage not provided by master plan) .

6.      Actually we need to use the existing stock of child component when available in stock. And if not for next order, PR should be generated.

Kindly suggest where I was gone wrong & please suggest the necessary action to be taken.

Appreciate your help for my previous issues also.

Thanks

Regards,

Mehul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharat/ Mandar,

First, Thanks for the reply !!

Actually I am using MD01/MD02 for MRP run.

1) When I am keeping Indv//Coll indicator-2 in parent & child material---> Stock is consuming by creating

dependent requirments. But for next order, dependent requirment showing in MD04 as negative but PR for the same not generating. ( AS stock in hand already showing consumed by previous dep. requirments).

then in MD04 overview tree of planned order, its giving error- 40. Coverage not provided by Master Plan.

AND

2) When I am keeping Indv/COll indicator-1 or Blank in Parent & child material---> PR generating for all Production orders without consuming available stock first.

Due to this I am confused. Requested to guide me further.

Regards,

Mehul

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mehul,

That is the behavior of the materials maintained with strategy 20 which are governed by sales order or project stock, please see below details regarding

Dependent requirements ind. for individual and coll. reqmts

Dependencies

If the material is assigned to a material type that does not allow quantity-based inventory management in this plant, you can set the indicator to individual requirements only.

If the stock is to be managed in sales order stock or project stock, the indicator must be set to one of the following options:

• Individual and collective requirements
  • Individual requirements only

If a material managed in project stock is to be procured from another plant using a cross-company-code stock transport order, the indicator must be set to 2 (collective requirements) in the issuing plant because, in this specific context, individual project stock management is not possible in both plants.

from SAP performance assistant when we press F1 on Individual/coll. field.

So based on this explanation, for any FG or SFG you should not maintain individual/coll indicator 2, if you maintain so the MRP run will not create dependent requirement in case of MRP run in MD50.

This should not be the issue in MD01/MD02. But you are getting different issue, check whether you attached any coverage profile for the material? or you have any issues with the dates of the planning or you are using net change with planning horizon?

Check all possibilities of planning, refer some of below threads for error 40 exception message and resolve that and you will get planned order created. Check any discontinuities maintain for material?

Check OSS note 550441, what it says

6.  Question:

Why does the system not display exception message '40' (Coverage not  provided by master plan) anymore since Release 4.6A?

Answer:

Exception message '40' resulted from the calculation of the ATP quantity  in Transaction MD04.The calculation of this ATP quantity is not provided anymore in Transaction MD04 from Release 4.6 since it was not an "actual" ATP quantity as in Transaction CO09, but it was calculated according to a separate logic which did not take into account certain relevant parameters.Branching to the ATP quantities now leads to Transaction CO09 which considers all MRP elements, checking rule and scope of check.This instrument should be used now, here the previous exception message '40' is equivalent to a negative, cumulated ATP quantity.In Transaction MD04 exception messages '10' and '30' from the rescheduling check can also be used to determine receipt elements that are not covered.

http://scn.sap.com/message/8993232

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2151579

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1861250

And regarding second observation it is as usual behavior as explanation provided above.

Best regards,

Sharat

avinash_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mehul,

I think SAP is working fine. Make sure that if you are working on strategy 20 then your SO should have Requirement type as KE under Procurement Tab.

And Individual/Collective indicator is applicable to the Component Materials. So no need to set this Indicator for the Header Material.

Individual/Collective Indicator is used only to control the way requirements are generated  for Component Materials.

Here is the Key note when we work on Strategy 20:

In strategy 20 we do not expect that we already have stock in Place. This is pure MTO(Strategy 20) scenario in which we will be creating Stock only when we have a SO in Place.

And other key point is, when we set Individ/Coll. Indicator to 1(Individual) for the component Material, in this case you are actually forcing to work with strategy that has been assigned to Header Material and which is Strategy 20.  So your component will be procured no matter if you have stock or not.

On the other hand if you have Indiv/Coll indicator set to 2 for the component, in this case it is sort of free from any constraint and requirements will be carried out collectively for the component.

Hope this helps you !!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Many thanks for replying me. Actually sorry for late reply from my side & update on this thread.

Actully by using MTO-20, I managed to consume availble R/M stock & for deficit, PR is also generating.

The thing I made wrong which I have missed to share with you all is:-

In MRP -3 of FG, in Mixed MRP field, I kept 2 ( Gross requirment planning).

Now when I kept it blank, & indv.coll field is also blank.

For R/M- Indvi./coll- 2.

I am able to consume the available stock for the order & for deficit quantity PR is generating.

Let me know if you find some issue/Doubts in the same.

Thanks

Regards,

Mehul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for giving me lot of understanding by all of you.

So if I need to consider stock  as well as if stock is deficit for next order then PR also should generate, then is it ok to use MTS strategy-10? As Production wrt S. O. can also be done form it.

Please tell me if I am wrong in this.

Regards,

Mehul

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mehul,

In that case, use strategy 40 not 10, strategy 10 will not consider sale order requirements in demand planning. Sales order PGI will help to reduce the PIRs in case of strategy 10.

Check details on these strategies in SAP help,

Regards,

Sharat

avinash_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mehul,

As mentioned Sharat, go with strategy 40(Planning with final assembly). In this you will be having PIRs and you can use these PIRs you can start production. And as soon as you receive SO in the system, these Sales Orders will consume the existing PIRs.

So one thing which is important over here is to determine optimal Consumption Strategy !

Hope this helps you !

Regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System treats indivisual and collcetive stocks as independant. System will not mix the stocks.

If you requirement is individual then it will see for individual stock if not found will generate PR/PLd Order.

If requirement is collective it will see for collective stock it wont recognize individual stock and create pr/pld order.

This is maintained in MRP 4 view of material master and if this is maintqained as blank system will behave as per the ind/coll maintained in the parent material.

To solve you query mainatin stock in one type.

Regards,

Mandar

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mehul,

Maintain individual or collective indicator in MRP 4 view of FGF and SFG as 1 or blank, do not maintain 2 , then run MD50 and check.

Check the result in below screen

One more check you have to do is, your sales order required date should be greater than BOM creation date means the BOM should get explode when you run MRP, check in planned order in components whether lower level items are exploded or not.

If you are trying with MD50 check below OSS notes ones

Note 376343 - MD50: No planning of direct procurement component

Note 1562786 - MRP run does not explode some BOM components

Best regards,

Sharat