cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create SNP planned orders on the same day of the requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Below is my scenario-

I am using Fiscal year variant to define the weeks- W1- 1 to 7, W2- 8 to 14, W3- 15 to 21, W4- 22 to 28, W5- 29-30/31

I am releasing forecast from DP to SNP. This makes the forecasts to get released at the begining of the buckets ,i.e. on 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th respectively. I am using SNP PPM. The fixed duration in SNP PPM is kept as 1 D.

Suppose I am on 6th of the month, and I am trying to take an SNP planning run (SNP Optimizer). There are demands in all the buckets, i.e. on W1, W2, W3, W4 and W5. When I take the SNP Optimizer run, the SNP planned orders for W2 demand (8th) are created on 7th (considering 1 D as fixed duration). Since the period factor in product master and PPM are kept as zero, system tries to create the SNP planned orders at the begining of the bucket (of 7th), i.e. on 1st. Now since 1st of the month is already past ( I am on 6th of the month), system does not create any SNP planned orders and all the demands for W2 are dropped. System then creates SNP planned orders in W2 for demands in W3 and so on..... Product storage costs are kept high to avoid pre build of stocks.

To aviod this I have following solutions-

1. SNP Planned orders are created on the same date as of the requirement elements, i.e. on 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th - How to achieve this? The minimum fixed duration UoM in PPM is D

2. The forecast elements are released from DP to SNP at the end/mid of the bucket. This would enable to create SNP planned orders a day before the requirement elements which would fall in the same bucket. But how to achieve release of forecast at the mid/end of the bucket? I tried to change the following-

"BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_RELDATA. Use method CHANGE_RELDATA to change the TSTFR (from_time_stamp which is being used for the release to SNP) to equal TSTTO - 1 (to_time_stamp - 1). Note these timestamps include both date and time. Use function /SAPAPO/TIMESTAMP_SUBTRACT to do the subtraction"

By doing so, now the forecast elements for W5 (on 29th) are getting released on 1st of next month. This violates my fiscal year variant period definition.

Kindly suggest.

Regards

Manotosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Found the solution.

Option 2 works fine. The reason why the SNP planned order (or for that matter all SNP Planned orders) are created a day after the end of the SNP bucket is because of the time horizons. The time in RRP3 is 5.5 hrs ahead of time in planning book. System saves the data in UTC time zone.

I tried to pull the TSTO by 6 hrs before the end of the SNP bucket. By doing so, the forecasts were getting released around 6 hrs before the end of the SNP bucket in planning book and around 1 hr at the end of the SNP bucket in RRP3. Now if I run SNP optimizer, system is creating orders in the same bucket (at the begining).

So essentially, the forecast and SNP planned oders are created in the same bucket

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manotosh,

Thanks so much for the information sharing.

Best regards,

Tiemin