cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real time interfaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any body provide me info. on real time interfaces.

Thx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want to know how the interface is developed and LIVE.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know if some body asks me to say abt real time interfaces in an interveiw.wat should i.

Thx in advance

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From Analyt Specification is given in Document, The Document will contains whether the Interface is inbound or outboud, What type of adapter and conditions.

The Developer develops as per the Specification test in the DEV machine, Then the Interface is Moved to QTY and tested and Moved to Prod. Once the interface is in Prod it is said to be LIVE.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to build an interface that executes within a few seconds (5-10) then XI can be acceptable. I have heard SAP suggest not using XI to build an interface where a user is waiting for a response on a dialog session.

If you want an "near real time" message, XI will work as long as you properly control the mix of larger/bulk messages with these requiring more immediate throughput. We implemented a de-central adapter engine to allow the bulk messages to queue on the de-central AE, while the more time-sensitive messages go through central AE running on IS.

hth

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

You are going to have to be a little more specific.

I can tell you that XI doesn't do well with real-time interfaces, as I don't think you will get acceptable performance. Asynch messages work better in XI and real-time would probably require synch messages.

Describe your scenario in more detail.