cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap parameter to be changed or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Our SAP Data drive is getting full, 8 GB left. We have planed to add 250 GB from another drive. But this drive from which we are adding 250 GB, 100 GB is allotted for Paging. So , we will format this drive and add full 250 GB to the SAP Data Drive.

My Question: Do we need to change any parameter related to Paging or Buffer or any other parameter? any other dependencies ??

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards

Harikrishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harikrishna,

Now that you are extending your SAP data drive, you have a choice to actually leave the settings the way they are now or increase them.

Changing the settings has this trick: you need to compute the % of the paging/buffer/swaps out of the total size. If for example, they are currently set 20% of the total size, then after you add the 250GB, then change the parameter to 20% of the new size.

Cheers,

Rod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodel

Can you please specify what parameters do I need to change.

At present the total paging is 122 GB from 100 GB would be removed.

Please suggest,

Thanks

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a thumb rule a page file of  around 20Gb on Windows is a good size, usually anything bigger than 20Gb's will be simply wasted... In anycase I think a page file of 122Gb's is far too big. Can you tell us the box details? (CPU's, RAM, OS)

Also, read...

Note 1518419 - Page file and virtual memory required by the SAP system

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

CPU nos.: 8

RAM: 40GB

DB: DB2 UDB

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion 122Gb's is far too big... read the Note and the document attached and resize your page file.

You dont need to change any parameters after resizing your page file.

Regards, Juan