cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP server and client proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

what is the diff between ABAP server and client proxies?

Regards,

Ashish goyal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Client proxy means proxy in Sender System, and Server Proxy means proxy in Receiver System.

Have a look to the following links:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/02/265c3cf311070ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm">ABAP Proxy Runtime</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c9/74246d8ad2447799063d39013e9a11/frameset.htm">Programming with Client and Server Proxies</a>

ABAP Proxies in XI(Client Proxy)

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

ABAP Server Proxies

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

Hope this help

Francesco

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

server proxys are generated from inbound interfaces. They get triggerd by a incoming message und the ABAP code, put by yourself inside, will be executed.

client proxys are generated from outbound interfaces. They can be triggered by an ABAP programm of R/3 system. No ABAP code can be put inside. A message will be send to XI.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys,

I want to try File to XI to SAP (proxies). Now what all configrations do I need to in XI and SAP like partner profiels, RFC destinations, Idx1, Idx2, which adapters will I need?

Please advice

Regards,

Ashish

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

here u need file adapter (sender)and proxy (recv). once u hav mapping in place u can have a business serivce and have the login crendetiuals for the adapters. no need of partner profiels, idx1,idx2 uncless u go for idocs. and u shud be having rfc detsination inplace already

for more insight u may open a separate thread for this query

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can use ABAP server proxies in this case.You done need any adapter in the reciever side.Follow the Blog which has suggested above for server proxies.No need of other settings like parner profiles....

Regards,