cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM/Esourcing - extractors/datasources to SAP BW/BI

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

would like to understand mechanism of extracting eSourcing data in SAP BW.

We have BW 7.3,   eSourcing 9.0,  ECC 6.0 and SRM 5.0 & SPM  .

We would like to extract the data from eSourcing 9.0 to BW system and then hooked to SPM data Model .  In our projects flat file options are not allowed so we have to use extractor method to load data first in BW and then connect it to SPM .

If you can help me with step by step documentation for connecting BW to eSorucing and also with extraction methodology it would be great help .  Please let me know the extractors in esourcing atleast so that I can take it forward from there.

If possible, also help me with following questions .

1. How to connect extractors in eSourcing ?
  2. Are this extractors based on Webservice ?
  3. How to replicate this datasources / extractors in BW ?
  4. Do I need to create direct update DSOs for this extractors or direct connection to standard DSO is fine ?

Thanks

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Did you find any solution for your question?

Thanks,

Nat..

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

I heard that there are no Standard SAP extractors from sourcing as its a Java based system and we are loading to BW through flat files. I am not sure if we have any other way of extracting from SAP Sourcing other than flat files. We are out of resources and going via this option. Let me know if you could figure out anything. Hope this info helps

Cheers,

DR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

That was pretty helpful information.Thanks very much. Even we figured it out the same. Only way to load sourcing data to BW is through flat files. I have few set of question can you please give me the solution for those.

1) How are you loading the flat file data into BW on daily bases? Is it regular way or you using any ELT kind of tool like Data-Staging.

2) Are you loading it manually every-time or you using any automation way load data.

3) If I'm not wrong we load data into Outbound layer only right?

Can you please provide me you E-mail. So, that we can share more on this.

Thanks,

Nat..

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

No data staging only the regular load to DSO and IC. We are loading it from a shared folder. Its a weekly load. We are loading it through process chains. Yes it loads till DSO and from there it goes to the above Data targets.

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

I hope we load data to Out-Bound Area DSO only right.

Thanks,

nat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nat,

Here are some additional information about your questions:

1. The flat files need to be put into the IMPORT folder - this folder which you mention in the global settings in SPM. Once the files are in the IMPORT folder, they show-up in data management tab in SPM UI from where you will
    • first do the data load which moves the data into inbound layer
    • secondly release the data which then starts the process chain which will move the data from inbound layer to detail layer and reporting layer
  2. As far as I know there is no automated data loading possible in SPM - this is one of the not so good features in SPM
  3. As I mentioned above, we load the data through SPM UI in two step process. The first step of starting the data load will move the data to inbound layer (in case of extracting the data from ECC using direct data sources, it will first come to PSA and then later to inbound layer). The second step releases the data for reporting

Regards,

Prasanna

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

No Sag, its only till Inbound Area where we have direct update DSO. From there it will go to reporting area which are Infocubes.

Thanks,

Answers (0)