Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPMoni in Sol Mgr vs AIF Monitoring

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Recently, I've come across the nice blog from Michal for  IDoc Monitoring (http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/10/06/michals-pi-tips-application-inter...).  As far as I understand, SAP is promoting Solution Manager heavily for central monitoring (BPMoni)?Now I'm very much confused why SAP is providing multiple monitoring strategies for the same purpose. Is there any document which says when to use what kind of monitoring?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Now I'm very much confused why SAP is providing multiple monitoring strategies for the same purpose.

I'd say yes but I'm not from SAP - is that a new thing from SAP ?

interface monitoring in AIF is something that I'd ideally see in Solman

but as the solman adoption for monitoring is going very slowly I'm glad there's a different tool

in application systems (ecc, etc.) and not only solman,

why do we have value, structure mappings there and not in PI - the same question

the AIF framework on the other hand (being able to process proxies, idocs, bapis) in the same tool should never be in solman as it's a typical "execution step"

so to sum it up - AIF is not only a monitoring tool (interface monitor) but also a processing framework (which does many other things and is more like FEH/ECH - with which it's even integrated in the latest release) 

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the details, Michal. I still feel it would be better if SAP tries to keep all of them either in Sol Man or in ECC rather keeping bits & pieces here and there.

- is that a new thing from SAP ?  - here's the link for BPMoni

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000258142008E

Thanks

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joe,

>>>if SAP tries to keep all of them either in Sol Man or in ECC rather keeping bits & pieces here and there.

Don't think it is bits & peices, Each has it's own role,benefit & requirement.

Cheers

Agasthuri

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Okies. Thanks for the details, Agasthuri.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joe,

>>>Now I'm very much confused why SAP is providing multiple monitoring strategies for the same purpose.

Sol Man & AIF has different purpose. AIF can Integrate with BPMon. AIF receives the data is processed. The data is transformed from the raw data structure (source) to the SAP data structure (destination). During this transformation, checks can be executed. If a check does not succeed, further processing of the message in the SAP AIF stops. like that AIF has it's own role

Cheers

Agasthuri