cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP09 MDM Tuple Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using SP09 and planning to use assignments on tuples. I think SAP has come up with good design to eliminate long waited limitation(writing assignments on qualified or tuples), not quiet sure whether its working for every one or not.

I have a problem in wiring assignment for Plant level data(Location Data).

My requirement is "I have 3 plant codes(Plant1, Plant2 & Plant3) assigned to every material master record and need to default profit center "A" for Plant1 and "B" for other plants".

I try to build assignment for this requirement and SP09 has 2 options,  1) at Tuple "Location Data" table level 2) at Materials "Main" table level

1) I write assignment at tuple table level and it works fine, when I execute this assignment manually. However this assignment is not available in workflow to make this assignment to run automatically by launching workflow with "Update" on any record. I guess this is the limitation still exist "Tuples assignments are not allowed to use in workflow"

2) I write same assignment at Products Main table level and it doesn't work well. I can only default value to all the tuple records. For my requirement it is defaulting "A" for all the location data (tuple) records.

Does any of you overcome this problem or every having same issue as mine. Am I doing something wrong in the expression.

Here is expression for reference

IF(Location Data.Plant.Code="0001","A","B")

Thanks

Reddi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddi,

The above methods can help resolve the issue but it is intresting to know that assignments at tuple level can not be called in MDM Workflow.

If you are creating records on import one quick fix can be to create a master xml or source.

This will have all the plants and you can map all the possible combinations at value mapping.

e.g. Clone of Plant field mapped to Profit Center with -

PLANT1 value mapped to A

PLANT 2/PLANT 3/PLANT4.. value mapped to B

Save the map as make this as master map.This map would serve your purpose.

If it is not being created on import,you can call these assignments through portal.

Also the method suggested by Abhishek would be handy as you can use strong expression editor feature in syndicator to send data as required from MDM and reimport already conditionally separated data.

Please update the thread with your findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddi,

You can try below workaround and check if it works.

• I am assuming that there is one Plants lookup table which is being used as reference for Tuple Field Plant Code.
  • And i am also assuming that field name for storing Plant codes is 'Code' in Plants lookup table.

• You can add one field in Lookup table to store Default Profit Center, say field name is Profit Center.
  • You can store default profit center for each Plant value.

Expression you can write:

IF(Location Data.Plant.Code=Location Data.Plant.Code,Location Data.Plant.Profit Center)

This will compare the Plant value stored in Tuple with all the values stored in lookup table, whenever it matches, it would return value of Default Profit center and assign it to selected Assignment field.

Kindly try this in your development system and let me know the results.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SP09 is the latest service pack available, any error pertaining to the same, should be taken up with th SAP by raising and OSS message.

One work around for this is to leverage the Middleware capabilities that you have in the System Landscape, execute your assignments on Z fields with same properties, and syndicate the same.

In the Middle ware, take the generated file from outbound folder and place the same file in inbound folder, On the import map, map the Z fields with tuple fields, and you will have default assignment on tuple.

Hope this servers your purpose.

Regards,

Abhishek