cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PBACC125.dll Hidden Requirement for Deployment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

PB 12.5.1. Build 4015

I have just run up against an error at one of my customers.  They received a PowerBuilder Accessibility Error when they started the application.  One of the first objects to open is a Window of type Main!.  The trace file showed that it was "Executing class function OPEN for class SYSTEMFUNCTIONS" and then executed the open event successfully before the error popped up.  As soon as I clicked the OK it continues and the next line in the trace file was the "End Class function for class SYSTEMFUNCTIONS" so it seems the problem is somewhere after the Open event ends and before the SystemFunctions class ends.  This seems to be happening only on a 64-bit Windows 7 or Vista machine.

My program does not use any Accessibility features so I am not deploying the dll.  If I look at the window that was being opened the Accessibility options are not set with the exception of AccessibleRole which says "DefaultRole!".  I have no option to clear this or set it to "None!" but my only thought here is PB for some reason is making a call out to the ACC dll when it should not be.

Has anyone experienced this?  Thoughts?  My quick fix is to just deploy the file but I wanted to get some feedback from all of you.

Thanks again,

Chris Craft

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris;

Yes, any PB application needs this when a) your PB application uses an accessibility property OR b) when the user turns on the accessibility features in the MS-Windows O/S. The latter scenario is detected by the PBVM which in turn trys to load "pbacc125.dll".

To be on the safe side, it would be a good idea to always deploy this DLL for section 508 compliance.

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris - that makes sense.  So, do you know what setting it is in Windows that will cause the PBVM to use PBACC125.dll?  I cannot seem to find one.

Chris Craft

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think just doing something simple like pressing the shift key 5 times quickly in W7 for example that brings up "Sticky Keys" dialog is part of MS-Window's accessibility feature. Once the user activates something like that, I believe that the PBVM needs the PBACC module's help & tries to load the DLL.

Answers (0)