Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP JCO connector which creates proxy of the BAPI

former_member1191927
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on SAP portal 7.0 SP 25. I am looking for a faster way to connect to ECC and call a BAPI from a J2EE application.Is there a way to call a BAPI , which will create a proxyof the BAPI interface locally (similar to Adaptive RFC model in Webdynpro Java or SAP Enterprise connector) so that populating the input parameters will be faster and easy?

I know we can use Enterprise Connector to do that in the current version I am in (SAP portal 7.0 SP25), but SAP is deprecating it in the next version (7.3). So don't want take that route. So please suggest the best way to go (instead of manually writing code to fill in all the import parameters).

Thanks,

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Where did you hear the rumor that Enterprise Connector will be deprecated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

in general I have the same question as Narahari.

The "Enterprise connector" functionality in NWDS is definitly marked as deprecated in 7.3 and 7.2 (see the attached Screenshot from the NWDS-wizard). After using the wizard it produces "deprecated" JCo2 Java-Coding.

From my point of view SAP does not offer an alternative at the moment except "plain JCo-Coding". Since JCo3 there is no Proxy-Generator which makes it time-consuming and error-prone to implement  JCo-Calls.

Is there a suggested way or a SAP-guideline to implement JCo3-Proxies?

Best regards

Mirco

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Interesting.

I'll check with development.

Regards,

Benny

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK, I now got the details. In Note 1429894 - SAP Enterprise Connector deprecated from NWCE 7.1

this was declared and it also says what to do: "Customer can use JCO 7.00 APIs directly for SAP backend connectivity without proxy generation."

Which means the latest JCO 3.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Benny..

But so far there is no Proxy generation available anymore which is really sad.

Nevertheless I found some good documentation about migration and differences between JCo2 and JCo3 coding, may be helpful:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6080c13b-e2d1-2c10-5f88-bd5a9e35d...

Best regards

Mirco